The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

The same man who raided private pension funds, then realised that some one had to pay for the 'quantitve easing'.

I must admit I avoided being forced to buy an anuity, as the returns are pants.

Pay off your debts then Property, property, property was my mantra

I agree entirely with your points 1 & 2 albeit difficult and would add a third:

Scale back your expenditure and cost of living to fit your income.

Although fairly obvious there are people who consider they will be 'kept in the manner they have become accustomed to'

N

Go on Noel, name him.

• 4 weeks later...

Heart attack stopped play, no more climbing no more carrying wood, but above all a long spell laying in hospital thinking all this chasing money and worrying about bills and if enough work comes in really dont matter. What does matter is family & friends and you really get to know who your friends are for sure. I have never been over weight, drank, smoked but always worked hard & enjoyed doing it.

So when your young cram in as much as you can because one day, it will all change. Like it did for a mate of mine last week, he was 41 and died cutting wood for the fire.

Enjoy it when you can ;-)

Heart attack stopped play, no more climbing no more carrying wood, but above all a long spell laying in hospital thinking all this chasing money and worrying about bills and if enough work comes in really dont matter. What does matter is family & friends and you really get to know who your friends are for sure. I have never been over weight, drank, smoked but always worked hard & enjoyed doing it.

So when your young cram in as much as you can because one day, it will all change. Like it did for a mate of mine last week, he was 41 and died cutting wood for the fire.

All the best mate! Hope you are on the road to full recovery!!

Take care there. Stress can cause serious health issues so chill and review direction in life. :thumbup1:

I have never been over weight, drank, smoked but always worked hard & enjoyed doing it.

Life's just not bloody fair is it. Really sorry to read of your predicament but you have good attitude - use it. How sad re your recently departed friend too...

All the best to you.

Jon

Hi, wishing you a speedy recovery & do all the things the docs recomend & make the most of what you have, your good friends & family are so important.

Sorry to hear about your friend, 41 is so very young

Noel