The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

Near 58 and 2 weeks to retirement, and forby that just enjoyed a very pleasant Sunday forenoon in bed.

Followed by a long dog walking session, followed by a decent lunch, wi a wee dram or twa, 'n now snoozing on the couch with a good fire roaring away in the stove.

Life is well good!

Not that I was always of that mindset in my younger angst ridden years.

Such is life.

Near 58 and 2 weeks to retirement, and forby that just enjoyed a very pleasant Sunday forenoon in bed.

Followed by a long dog walking session, followed by a decent lunch, wi a wee dram or twa, 'n now snoozing on the couch with a good fire roaring away in the stove.

Life is well good!

Not that I was always of that mindset in my younger angst ridden years.

Such is life.

Snoozing and typing on the Internet at the same time...... You are one sharp cookie.:001_tongue:

• 5 months later...

Before I fall alseep this sunny Sunday afternoon ('n ah hafta wait until the icecream maker finishes another batch of supberb Strawberry icecream, from our own Strawberries, natch)

post pub Guinness and a nice lunch.

Anyway in a pub in Innishowen yesterday for lunch (a fresh seafood platter and very good)

I could not help noticing that the old vintage bicycle, with cable brakes, hanging from the ceiling was therefore newer than the bicycle I rallied round on as a teenager, which had bar linkage brakes.

The publican, much of an age with myself, admitted he had not "twigged", and could only agree, as he too remembered bar linkage brakes.

FFS!

What is the world coming to.

mth

This lot indoors think I am losing the plot, keep chuckling to myself. Have been out and about a lot recently and keep hearing snippets from the lads that make me laugh. They have knicknames for just about everything and every body, the chimp, monkey, papasmurf, the pup, gag ( got a go) and many more:biggrin:

And I have been adopted by cat, where can I buy a rocking chair ?

image_zpswnvhv8dl.jpg

What ice cream machine have you got Marcus?

I took delivery of the "sage" soft scoop this week - will never buy ice cream again!!

It was the black currant crop that pushed me into an uncharacteristic act of consumer spending.

It's a cracking piece of kit!!

Yer a namedropping showoff Kevin :001_tt2:,

like I was admiring a Sage £1,000.00 espresso machine recently:001_rolleyes:

But I understand their may well be a good, i.e. good Design and Engineering reason for the Sage retail prices

Our machine is only a "Magimix", which is OK, but requires constant vigilence or it busts the securing tabs/lugs, which are an integral part of the sealed motor unit, almost the instant the icecream starts to thicken, but long before it is solid enough to serve, i.e. it needs time in the freezer.

P.S.

I actually probably still rather have Hagen Daaz, their vanilla, strawberry or coffee flavours anyway, though SM has just started using a very good American recipice, using nowt but cream, milk, sugar and fruit, and a splash of Sloe Gin to ensure soft scooping ex. freezer.

I am determined to prefect Guinness flavoured ice cream btw!

Edited by difflock

Yer a namedropping showoff Kevin :001_tt2:,

like I was admiring a Sage £1,000.00 espresso machine recently:001_rolleyes:

But I understand their may well be a good, i.e. good Design and Engineering reason for the Sage retail prices

Our machine is only a "Magimix", which is OK, but requires constant vigilence or it busts the securing tabs/lugs, which are an integral part of the sealed motor unit, almost the instant the icecream starts to thicken, but long before it is solid enough to serve, i.e. it needs time in the freezer.

P.S.

I actually probably still rather have Hagen Daaz, their vanilla, strawberry or coffee flavours anyway, though SM has just started using a very good American recipice, using nowt but cream, milk, sugar and fruit, and a splash of Sloe Gin to ensure soft scooping ex. freezer.

I am determined to prefect Guinness flavoured ice cream btw!

£278 for the machine (John Lewis online) not too excessive I thought - it's a press and leave, programmable set up with pre-chill of the bowl and keep cool functions so you really can set it up, walk away, come back when you're ready system.

Mate told me he bought the blender for £500 and, if as you say, the espresso is £1000, then the ice cream machine must be a slow seller in the range resulting in considerably lower price mark.

All in all, I think it's well designed with good functionality and, in comparison to other items in the range, represents good VfM. When I get to the stage of being separated from my folding, I'm very much of the "buy well, buy once" mentality!

🍦