Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

So you want a President.

Our head of state is the queen, which is great as it means we don't need a president.

The PM is just the leader of the winning party and can change with no need for a general election.

What would be the point of a leader with no party behind them to get bills passed?

What a ridiculous idea, we would end up like the USA :lol:

Who on Earth wants an unelected Queen/King as the the head of State? I'm guessing a minority and a minority that gets less with each new generation. I for one would love to see the back of the Royals and yes a system akin to the US would be much more favourable in my eyes.

Like it or not the PM is not just leader of the winning party, how childishly naive are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Matelot your use of 'white British' is offensive.

British is British and illegal immigrants are illegal! Colour or religion has nothing to do with it.

"White British" is a classification used in the last census. Why do you consider its use offensive?

I'd suggest that having a British passport doesn't magically make someone culturally British... We have "British" citizens fighting for groups that quite openly are at war with the West...

Over the years both in and out of the military, I have met, worked with, befriended and fought alongside inspirational British people from all races and religions. I have also met some white British despicable, bigoted, lazy ar*eholes!

I 100% agree with what you are saying. However 90% of the people in that block are non white. You can get on your high horse all you want, however the fact is that White British people do not want to become an ethnic minority in their own country.

I just read that the guy who wrote the disastrous Tory election manifesto was so confident of its contents (and so was everyone else) that no one read it until the day before it went public.

Apparently there wasn't much public appetite for means testing pensioners winter fuel allowance.

You couldn't make this stuff up....

Timon.

I just read that the guy who wrote the disastrous Tory election manifesto was so confident of its contents (and so was everyone else) that no one read it until the day before it went public.

Apparently there wasn't much public appetite for means testing pensioners winter fuel allowance.

Timon.

There's an appropriate and relevant saying Ti....

"...The only people that actually read doctrine, are the ones that write it..!"

:lol::lol:

Over crowding, sub-letting, vandalism and theft of fixtures & fittings, the social housing crisis etc, etc...

Made worse or made better by an annual population increase at or around 300,000?

Cause & effect Mull.

We can fluff around the edges but unless we look at the demographic, we're closing our eyes and minds to the root of the cause.

I appreciate it may be an uncomfortable realisation for some, but there it is IMHO.

Yes Kevin, I take your point.

I was hoping to clip some sheep today but it started raining.

Bloody immigrants!

🙂

Timon.

Yup, fox hunting wasn't a popular thing for May to banging on about either. Goes to show how much they think about the electorate.

Yup, fox hunting wasn't a popular thing for May to banging on about either. Goes to show how much they think about the electorate.

Perhaps May should take some "shape shifting" lessons. Might come in handy with the campaigning.

Corbyn seems to be getting the hang of it quite nicely.

Timon.

Timon.

I think pensioners should be means tested for all they receive Timon, a fair few of them are in mansions and sitting on very healthy nest eggs while others are in desperate need. The elderly are all living longer and drain an amount of cash from the pension/healthcare/housing pot that is totally unsustainable and disproportionate to the contributions made during their working life. I feel it should only go to those that need it most however unpopular that is. We all know there is nothing in the kitty and owe it to future generations not to rack up more debt.

"White British" is a classification used in the last census. Why do you consider its use offensive?

I'd suggest that having a British passport doesn't magically make someone culturally British... We have "British" citizens fighting for groups that quite openly are at war with the West...

I 100% agree with what you are saying. However 90% of the people in that block are non white. You can get on your high horse all you want, however the fact is that White British people do not want to become an ethnic minority in their own country.

Steady Matelot although I agree with you in part David "the jailer" Humphries will lock this thread unless we steer away from this topic.

Bob

Over crowding, sub-letting, vandalism and theft of fixtures & fittings, the social housing crisis etc, etc...

Made worse or made better by an annual population increase at or around 300,000?

Cause & effect Mull.

We can fluff around the edges but unless we look at the demographic, we're closing our eyes and minds to the root of the cause.

I appreciate it may be an uncomfortable realisation for some, but there it is IMHO.

Well said Kevin

Yes Kevin, I take your point.

I was hoping to clip some sheep today but it started raining.

Bloody immigrants!

🙂

It's not the "type" of immigration I take issue with, it's the uncontrolled scale and negative effect that I think we should at least try to manage.

Nothing fascist, racist, xenophobic or Little Britain about it (although I wouldn't feel obliged to apologise it it were.)

In all seriousness, there are few current social issues that cannot be, in full or part, traced back directly to a complete inability of local, regional and central government to understand, regulate and manage population fluctuations.

Bloody rain! :lol: