Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Putting aside new techniques, the fact remains oil fields follow a classic Hubbert Curve..

Production rises, reaches a peak then declines... The North Sea is in decline..

What happens in the North sea happens to every other oil field in the world.. new tech or no new tech.. most of the worlds oil produces have now passed peak..

North Sea maybe. But I did say Scottish waters. Just look at the Clair Field West of Shetland. Then there is the untapped reserves in the Moray Firth and because of Trident we can't get to the vast reserves in the Firth of Clyde nor the Irish Sea.

Norway is investing heavily in the North Sea with quite a few new Platforms over various massive producing fields.

People are quite easily lead and seem to fall for the same line that we are past peak oil and keep falling for this line time and time again. I'll be in a job running Completion Tools until retirement and I'm sure the next generation too. Far more is required of oil than heating homes and fueling cars and unless there is a way to convert sunlight into plastic we're gonna need oil a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Never mind the, as yet untapped Falklands oil reserves, never never never mind the potential even furthur south .. .. ..

P.S.

Technology, including AI Robotics will make smaller, more difficult to access reserves financially viable to exploit, and allow for the more efficient scouring of previously depleted fields.

Edited by difflock

Technology should change the way we do things.

I've had ride on mowers for the last 14 years, they are a real pain, they are noisy, heavy and expensive to run. Collecting the grass is a pain, if the weather is bad I get behind and the grass becomes long and the job more difficult and the resulting finish poorer. If the ground is wet and soft they damage it. They need servicing and always seem to have some fault or other.

I've just installed an auto mower, its fantastic!!! It will cost a tiny amount to run, its light weight and silent, does no land damage, cuts the grass constantly producing no real clippings.

Rather than a big heavy powerful thing hacking at thick heavy grass, this is a small gentle machine simply nibbling away at the grass.:thumbup:

I've had ride on mowers for the last 14 years, they are a real pain, they are noisy, heavy and expensive to run. Collecting the grass is a pain, if the weather is bad I get behind and the grass becomes long and the job more difficult and the resulting finish poorer. If the ground is wet and soft they damage it. They need servicing and always seem to have some fault or other.

I've just installed an auto mower, its fantastic!!! It will cost a tiny amount to run, its light weight and silent, does no land damage, cuts the grass constantly producing no real clippings.

Rather than a big heavy powerful thing hacking at thick heavy grass, this is a small gentle machine simply nibbling away at the grass.[emoji106]

Husqvarna?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

North Sea maybe. But I did say Scottish waters. Just look at the Clair Field West of Shetland. Then there is the untapped reserves in the Moray Firth and because of Trident we can't get to the vast reserves in the Firth of Clyde nor the Irish Sea.

Norway is investing heavily in the North Sea with quite a few new Platforms over various massive producing fields.

People are quite easily lead and seem to fall for the same line that we are past peak oil and keep falling for this line time and time again. I'll be in a job running Completion Tools until retirement and I'm sure the next generation too. Far more is required of oil than heating homes and fueling cars and unless there is a way to convert sunlight into plastic we're gonna need oil a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Perhaps we do need oil a little longer Andy but it wont be coming from the North sea all the time OPEC countries drive the price of crude through the floor. A friend that works for a Chinese exploration company with interests in North sea oil are taking a huge hit running into hundreds of millions, the only reason they are still there is because the number crunchers have done the sums and this is the most economical way out of a bigger financial disaster. He reckons Aberdeen is now a ghost town in comparison to its hayday, its competitive world prices that dictate viability and the middle east know it. Way too many oil fields worldwide ATM that make more financial sense than the costly and hostile environment of the North sea.

Bob

Irony bypass. It's ok though we'll forgive you.

I think the irony bypass is on the other foot.

If you research the history of Apple you will find it is one of the best examples of how successful government intervention in the free market can be.

Rather than a big heavy powerful thing hacking at thick heavy grass, this is a small gentle machine simply nibbling away at the grass.:thumbup:

A goat would have even less environmental impact still.:biggrin: