Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

They're all falling over themselves to create distance from the disaster that was our Covid response. 

The usual suspects here have surely looked within themselves by now and realised they where completely and utterly had. 

"Follow the Science!" 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The former chancellor said it had been a mistake to 'empower' the Government's scientific committee Sage, whose doom-laden forecasts drove Britain into a series of damaging lockdowns.

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

They're all falling over themselves to create distance from the disaster that was our Covid response. 

The usual suspects here have surely looked within themselves by now and realised they where completely and utterly had. 

"Follow the Science!" 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The former chancellor said it had been a mistake to 'empower' the Government's scientific committee Sage, whose doom-laden forecasts drove Britain into a series of damaging lockdowns.

As much as most of what’s in that article was blatantly obvious to many from day one the fact he admits scare tactics were utilised to terrify people into compliance is surely enough to make even the anxious covid cowards wake up. My own opinion is he’s reading the mood of those out there who now realise they had the piss taken out of them big time, and throwing his hat in the “ I knew it was a mistake all along” camp. 42, Mesterh and Co !!!!!! genuinely,  how you are gonna ignore the statement of an individual whom was at the very heart of government throughout this farce. 

• Like 3

Rishi's backbone is akin to one of those inflatable waving signs. Only upright when full of air and his own self importance.

I would have used a snake analogy but the only image that came to mind was a snake dancing to someone else's tune.

Edited by GarethM
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Rishi's backbone is akin to one of those inflatable waving signs. Only upright when full of air and his own self importance.

I would have used a snake analogy but the only image that came to mind was a snake dancing to someone else's tune.

Brilliant analogy that.

Even more applicable to the current PM. (Actually, have we even had one for the last couple of months?)

I am bewildered by this extreme narrative that tries to make out covid was not a serious threat to public health and that restrictions were not needed especially at the beginning pre vaccines. 

Regardless of the knock on affects covid was killing around 1% of those infected and if left unchecked it would and nearly did overwhelmed our NHS. If the NHS was overwhelmed that percentage death rate would have been vastly higher as far more than 1% of us needed needed oxygen.  We couldn't leave it to run unless we wanted a massacre of our elderly and vulnerable but not elusively this group.

In the first lockdown I remember going for what was nearly a peaceful walk as there was so little motor activity but with an almost permeant sound of distant ambulance sirens!

It was horrible and pretending it didn't happen is absurd. 

I saw some nonsense  headline the other day trying to make out our current high death rate is due to covid restriction from what now would be 18 months ago. For a grown up look into the actual causes of our current high death rates see here you can read it in the FT but behind paywall but the author shared it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

And at the same time Sweden used common sense and locked away the elderly and at risk.

We can all argue until all the cows have come home about this but we can't change what's happened. Can we all agree Mr Ferguson needs taking outside and publicly shaming for his inverted commas prediction?

• Like 1