Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, sime42 said:

At the top of the pyramid sit the big greedy companies, like the utilities, who wantonly rob us all. Meanwhile government just stands aside and lets them do it.

Well if you were a rich guy with power in government.... where would you invest your dosh, it's got to be in a totally immoral, hugely successful scam that you've been lobbied to support for cash or similar😁

• Like 3

22 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Is anyone apart from the Usual Suspects here actually surprised at this? 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The Office for National Statistics' figures for excess deaths revealed that about 1,000 more people than usual are dying each week from illnesses and conditions other than Covid.

No Andy unfortunately not. 

Sadly many medical professionals were censored throughout the farce when they warned of the likelihood of events as described in this article. Those whom bought into it with a zeal verging on fanaticism will never have the guts or character to admit they made fools of themselves. As time goes by I’m more and more convinced that in the future people will look back at this and think the world went utterly nuts for 2 years. Covid 19 “the jobsworth and opinionated wankers fantasy come true”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

The real irony is that such people tend to complain considerably less (if at all) compared to those who have little or nothing to complain about.

Well that’s bs for a start. 🤣 All they do is complain they don’t have enough money and wait on their next bailout. 

The Green Eyed Monster is alive and well it seems. 

5 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Well if you were a rich guy with power in government.... where would you invest your dosh, it's got to be in a totally immoral, hugely successful scam that you've been lobbied to support for cash or similar😁

Talking of lobbying. Obviously £10,000 was not enough. Presumably Liz Truss was given a lot more than that

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Attorney general declared the donation from company owned by Terence Mordaunt, who chaired the climate...

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Well that’s bs for a start. 🤣 All they do is complain they don’t have enough money and wait on their next bailout.

I have a lot of customers on minimum wage who just keep their head down, work away making the best of it, and gurn far less than people earning considerably more. 

Don't try to tell me they are figments of my imagination.

Being opinionated is one thing, talking out of your arse is something else.

I used to think you were the former, but increasingly think you're most likely the latter.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

I have a lot of customers on minimum wage who just keep their head down, work away making the best of it, and gurn far less than people earning considerably more. 

Don't try to tell me they are figments of my imagination.

Being opinionated is one thing, talking out of your arse is something else.

I used to think you were the former, but increasingly think you're most likely the latter.

He’s both 🤣

Annoyingly he’s right a lot of the time, but then spoils it with his ‘I’m all right jack’ attitude and complete lack of self awareness. Which I also think he puts on a bit. 

Theres a middle ground in every argument and every society. The problem is nobody is happy when it’s finally reached, so society lurches wildly from one side to the other.

Is it tree work you do for customers who are on minimum wage? I’m down south and I don’t think I’ve every worked for someone on minimum wage. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Sounds like you're questioning me as well?

My 'day' job is a motorcycle mechanic, increasingly part time.

That makes more sense 👍🏻

what do you ride? I’m a big single fan, have an F650 and an SLR650

• Thanks 1

OK, fair enough. 👍

I ride whatever I'm working at, could be a stepthru in the morning and a Hayabusa in the afternoon.

Personally I've a collection of two-strokes, but increasingly think it's unlikely I'll ever do much with most of them and they should be dispersed for others to get pleasure from.

But who knows, I'll probably keep them a few more years until I retire (God willing!) and see then.

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 1