Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

2 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Is it that the cold neutralises a lot of smells and they're going wild on the ones being pumped out by active heat sources? ie Is it that they can smell themselves and you?

Same applies to Doug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 inches of lovely fluffy snow has fallen today on 3 inches of very frozen snow. It's bordering on an impractical amount. Certainly made cycling a little challenging.

The kids are greatly enjoying their new intra-village transport solution though

IMG_20221209_175131_8.jpg

IMG_20221209_170952_1.jpg

IMG-20221209-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Big J
  • Like 6

Out yesterday, midday for a 20 mile cycle, and the same today, just back, it was "interesting" shall we say, on the couple of untreated roads, had to get off and walk up one small hill, as I could not put any power down without the back wheel squirming. Then on the way back I managed a couple of 2 wheel drifts, where the Sun had thawed the ice just enough to leave it looking like a wet road.

Really, like really, surprised I managed to stay upright.

PHEW!

Cos these old bones don't bounce so good!

• Like 3

Lovely crisp frosty yesterday with light snow mid morning. Freezing rain over night has left our roads lethal but the better half (nurse) dutifully went off at 0700 when I could barely  stand on the road. Fitted the car with proper winter tyres which have transformed it for days like today. Would crash my Hilux within 100 yard of the gate if I had to go out. BFGs are great in the snow but sheet ice they are pretty much useless IME especially with a light back end of a single cab.

Pics from yesterday run with the dogs 

Sunrise from Pew Tor

Looking west at approaching snow showers

Great Miss Tor from White tor

And a bit of snow on Pew tor on the way back

Needless to say the dogs loved it as much as me. Legs are knackered today though 

0-1.thumb.jpg.7779d37662cedb6d31ce84fc189099c8.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-2.jpg

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 7