It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

That's what I was finding too. It's the difference between ending the day with a headache and burning sensation in the back of the throat.

Fortunately most Arb jobs we do aren't in such confined spaces and there's a fair amount of wind *parp* in far West Wales.

However I will be doing a fair amount of Alaskan *Chilaskan* milling sometime soonish so I may need to switch back to Aspen for that???

How much will an 880 running on Aspen cutting 32" diameter oak empty my piggy bank?? :001_huh:

cheers, steve

There may be another way to avoid exhaust fumes while milling - consider attaching a heat resistant tube over the muffler exhaust and make it long enough to vent the fumes at a distance from you, might have to trail it on the ground.

That's what I was finding too. It's the difference between ending the day with a headache and burning sensation in the back of the throat.

Fortunately most Arb jobs we do aren't in such confined spaces and there's a fair amount of wind *parp* in far West Wales.

However I will be doing a fair amount of Alaskan *Chilaskan* milling sometime soonish so I may need to switch back to Aspen for that???

How much will an 880 running on Aspen cutting 32" diameter oak empty my piggy bank?? :001_huh:

cheers, steve

Ouch. Wait for a windy day. My 460 has a major drink problem when milling let alone an 880. Yes I have tried Aspen and hated the smell and never tried it again

Was strange today as someone about 6 doors down from me was cutting a hedge with pump fuel and even at that distance is stank to me after so long on aspen, wife also remarked she didn't miss me coming home smelling like that but also pointed out it's now a more obvious man smell than fuel stink.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

There may be another way to avoid exhaust fumes while milling - consider attaching a heat resistant tube over the muffler exhaust and make it long enough to vent the fumes at a distance from you, might have to trail it on the ground.

I have considered doing something like that. I imagine just bolting a tube from the exhaust outlet to the opposite end of the mill would make a difference.

Not sure if anyone's tried that?.... RobD?....

cheers, steve

I have considered doing something like that. I imagine just bolting a tube from the exhaust outlet to the opposite end of the mill would make a difference.

cheers, steve

Spud's the man to ask - I wouldn't have a clue! If you lengthen the exhaust does it not effect how the air flow behaves?

I'm not sure it is as quite so simple as bolting on a bit of pipe!

It would be great to have the saw exhausting say at the far end of the mill and then that would save all fume related issues.

cheers, steve

I've not tried it on a saw but I have extended the exhaust on my drain jetting machine to take the fumes away from the back of my of my van, works fine.

Spud's the man to ask - I wouldn't have a clue! If you lengthen the exhaust does it not effect how the air flow behaves?

I'm not sure it is as quite so simple as bolting on a bit of pipe!

It would be great to have the saw exhausting say at the far end of the mill and then that would save all fume related issues.

I reckon it might not affect the pressure if the exhaust extension is from bigger pipe than the exhaust outlet.

What's your thoughts Spud?.... if you're reading this??

cheers, steve

I've not tried it on a saw but I have extended the exhaust on my drain jetting machine to take the fumes away from the back of my of my van, works fine.

What size engine is that Eggs? And what diameter pipe did you use for extending it?...

cheers, steve