It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

You obviously recognise the benefits in using Aspen fuel, seeing as you have brought a can to use in your newly purchased equipment. With this in mind, maybe it would be a good time to talk to your employer who you contract for in the week about providing you with the same fuel at work.

Not going to happen, already discussed and he feels he can't absorb the extra cost.

Not going to happen, already discussed and he feels he can't absorb the extra cost.

Interesting,

I speak to a lot of people in the industry at shows etc, and the one big point that always gets discussed is the costs involved.

What is interesting however is that the companies that use Aspen on a regular basis, quickly accept the cost and dont see it as an issue. This is mainly due to the fact that there machines last longer and there staff are happier which in return means they perform better and they certainly wouldnt want to revert back to regular petrol. A lot of them tell me that to begin with, they were concerned about the additional costs but once they made the switch they have never looked back.

Obviously if you make a direct comparison between the cost of Aspen vs pump fuel, based on nothing else, then pump fuel is the winner.

However, most people seem to forget the many advantages which tends to tip the scales back to Aspens side.

By ordering in bulk (54 x 5L cans), not only would you be able to expect a slightly discounted buying price over buying a single can at a time but you also get the following advantages.

• Free delivery - means no more time wasted going to the petrol station to get fuel
  • ready mixed fuel - means no chance of machinery getting damaged from incorrect mixtures or time wastage in carrying out the mixing
  • longer lasting machinery - no soot build up or problems with stale fuel
  • health benefits - not breathing in toxic emissions on a daily basis

Employers often fail to look into the actual cost increase when considering switching to Aspen. Maybe he/she doesnt see the benefits because they havent experienced the difference themselves.

I bet if they sat down and did the sums by including all of the costs involved of doing a particular job, then they would discover that 2-stroke fuel costs stand for a very small portion and that they could indeed afford to use Aspen.

:thumbup1:

I'd probably start using it again if I could buy it more local.

I found the nearest Aspen dealer to me didn't always have it in stock, or had only a few cans left in stock, so I had a couple of wasted journeys.

Been using pump fuel since, certainly saves alotta faffing about, and money.

cheers, steve

red-phone1.jpg

They did suggest I phoned.... see my answer below: :001_tt2:

cheers, steve

See your point (be hard to miss :lol:), but sometimes you get done early and have time to pop in to the dealer unplanned, or need more at short notice etc, and just want to get some.

You don't phone BP or Shell to see if they've got unleaded in stock.

There is not really any excuse for a dealer to run out of Aspen.

Its merely a question of good stock control and reordering in time. New stocks always arrive from Anglo American Oil within 3 working days, and often actually arrive within 24 hours.

However, a few weeks ago we did actually sell our last can as the new delivery arrived in the yard. Phew!!