It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

It's too expensive.

Taking your points individually.

1. Free delivery, hardly an issue, petrol stations are not rare, and they sell pasties and crisps, not a chore really.

2. Mixing fuel, again not really the krypton factor is it?

3.longer lasting machinery, I don't buy this, I've got saws over 15years old, not everyday saws for sure but still going strong on pump fuel.

4. Health, maybe, maybe not.

• Like 1

It's a bit of a rubbish answer though.

Go in shed, notice running low, ring dealer to order more, wait for delivery.

I think it's called stock control.

I think I'm pretty good at knowing when I'm getting low on fuel.... trouble is; finding out the dealer has only one or two cans of Aspen left or forgot to order a replacement pallet kinda leaves me with thinking it's much easier to manage my stock control by filling up at a plethora of garages that happen to be en'route to whatever destination I'm heading in.

cheers, steve

There is not really any excuse for a dealer to run out of Aspen.

Its merely a question of good stock control and reordering in time. New stocks always arrive from Anglo American Oil within 3 working days, and often actually arrive within 24 hours.

However, a few weeks ago we did actually sell our last can as the new delivery arrived in the yard. Phew!!

I agree.... but this is far West Wales!

cheers, steve

It's too expensive.

1. Free delivery, hardly an issue, petrol stations are not rare, and they sell pasties and crisps, not a chore really.

3.longer lasting machinery, I don't buy this, I've got saws over 15years old, not everyday saws for sure but still going strong on pump fuel.

Too expensive, yep.

I also agree with 1 and 2 and I'm not sure about 3 or 4.

However, I do think it's worth running on Aspen just to not get the occasional headache or sore throat from running pump fuel.

My reason for not using Aspen anymore is partly because of the price but mostly because it's not available in my hometown.

cheers, steve

It's too expensive.

I appreciate your sentiments Mick and, yes, I agree, it is expensive.

But as Axel has said, many people are now using it and not finding the price to be a problem. These are not just 'rich domestic users', I am supplying several 'Pro' users throughout the country with pallets.

One well known, and well respected, local tree surgery company started using Aspen 2 in the Spring of this year and has already purchased their second pallet.

So yes, it is expensive. But is it too expensive?.....Maybe for some. but not for others.

Ahhh, the old reverse psychology technique!

Goddamit, I can afford it! I'll show you who's sucessful enough to use this stuff. Send me a pallet straight away.

Good luck anyway, I'm fine with verifiable stuff, it's just when the claims become a bit far fetched or spurious.

I agree.... but this is far West Wales!

cheers, steve

/QUOTE]

Thats a bit harsh Steve:001_smile:,

I am sure even the Welsh of the far west are perfectly capable of stock control.

Yes, but only in farming.

cheers, steve

Yes it is expensive, but I don't want to end my days in a cancer ward because I liked inhaling pump petrol.

So I put aspen in everything with a 2 stroke engine from a leaf blower to a 660.

Are there diagnosed cases of people getting cancer directly due to inhaling exhaust fumes?.... vehicle mechanics perhaps???

cheers, steve