It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

There is no irony, as we pay road fuel duty on standard fuel, so if it was cut for Aspen ,they would have to offer standard petrol for none road use also without duty, so the price difference would remain.

Harder to say that with pump fuel as you are buying a product intended for many applications but the likelihood of you getting a pre mixed fuel intended for motor Manuel equipment and putting it into a road going vehicle is very unlikely so why pay that tax?

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Harder to say that with pump fuel as you are buying a product intended for many applications but the likelihood of you getting a pre mixed fuel intended for motor Manuel equipment and putting it into a road going vehicle is very unlikely so why pay that tax?

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

There should really be "red petrol" the government must get a HUGE amount of duty on fuel used for lawnmower, off road bikes, boats, generators, etc, etc, etc. Its not simply two stokes, many, many none road going machines use neat petrol.

I don't see how they could ever exempt aspen without allowing other oil Co's from also offering a none road fuel, be that pre mix or not.

The latest Stihl HP Ultra says "E20" on the label, meaning it is compatible with petrol with up to 20% ethanol content. Something in the oil binds with the ethanol, so if you get separation in the machine tank the motor isn't sucking oil-less ethanol. Don't know whether to believe the hype but I use it anyway.

Is that even legal? and has it been tested in court?, "not fit for purpose" springs to mind. Does the operators manual stipulate that pump fuel cannot be used?

I have several honda engines, all of which have only ever seen pump fuel (one a 1994 quad) they all run without issue and virtually no servicing.

I have absolutely no idea if its legal or not, or if its been tested in court. I just know thats the way it is.

The reason is quite simply that carburettor issues that occur after a successful PDI are always the result of the fuel, and as such are not covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Of course they do not warn not use petrol, thats just a stupid question.

But they do obviously state that only fresh and clean fuel must be used.

There should really be "red petrol" the government must get a HUGE amount of duty on fuel used for lawnmower, off road bikes, boats, generators, etc, etc, etc. Its not simply two stokes, many, many none road going machines use neat petrol.

I don't see how they could ever exempt aspen without allowing other oil Co's from also offering a none road fuel, be that pre mix or not.

What puzzles me is diesel for boats is tax rebated yet petrol isn't.

When we fill up at a marina we declare how much fuel will be used for propulsion and how much will be used for heating/charging batteries. Propulsion fuel is taxed at a higher rate.

And for those that do not believe that ethanol damages carburettors.[ATTACH]213359[/ATTACH]

Is that simply down to ethanol or does crap chinese manufacture play a part :sneaky2:

Why does is my 1994 honda quad run without issue, it's only ever seen standard pump fuel and often stands for months without use.