Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, peds said:

It's been the SpaceX ethos from the start that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few legs, they always lose a rocket or two in the development phase. The valuable data obtained before smithereenisation will help future rockets to not explode

It's the Tesla ethos as well, probably an Elon Musk thing. He's the same with making cars. If there's a long established way of doing something then he'll deliberately go out of his way to try other approaches. Most of which fail but all the time he's gathering valuable failure mode data and eventually finds a method/process/technology that is superior to anything else. Got to admire him for it, constantly pushing the limits. He is an A-Hole though!

13 hours ago, sime42 said:

It's the Tesla ethos as well, probably an Elon Musk thing. He's the same with making cars. If there's a long established way of doing something then he'll deliberately go out of his way to try other approaches. Most of which fail but all the time he's gathering valuable failure mode data and eventually finds a method/process/technology that is superior to anything else. Got to admire him for it, constantly pushing the limits. He is an A-Hole though!

Have you seen those bits of footage of a Tesla out of control ? The thing was going flat out with the driver seemingly unable to do anything about it . Crashed it in the end with no other option . If I could afford one I wouldn't have one !

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Have you seen those bits of footage of a Tesla out of control ? The thing was going flat out with the driver seemingly unable to do anything about it . Crashed it in the end weith no other option . If I could afford one I wouldn't have one !

I've not seen that, but I can believe it. Probably part of the Tesla R and D strategy. I'm with you on that, I wouldn't spend money on one, even if I could. Though I was impressed with the video my mate proudly sent me; of his Tesla efficiently parking itself. (He was stood outside filming it.) Much better than most human efforts you see these days.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Have you seen those horse-less carriages going down the road? Some reaching 30mph!

It’s not natural I tells yer! Human body can’t take it!

Some say it will make your eyes fall from their sockets and your head may explode under the stresses of such velocity.

• Like 1

.....would like to know what exactly was defined as 'bullying' in the complaints they received.

No doubt it will be misconstrued 'hurty words' or people being asked to do the job properly they are paid hansomely to do....or being told to 'pull their socks up'

Nowadays if a manager asks an employee why they were 5 minutes late for work in the morning, the employee can state to HR that this questioning has brought on 'emotional stress'

I remember many years ago my boss told me to get a hair cut as he though it was untidy and scruffy in front of customers. It wasnt, but hey ho. Anyway i got the length cut....a bit to keep him happy. I turned up for work monday morning and he said it was still too long. My 'colleagues' heard this conversation, and during my tea break they cornered me, held me down and took a pair of scissors to my hair and in doing so they cut my hand.

I never reported them, as this was considered 'normal' banter and cameraderie at the time for an apprentice.

I could have a field day with that nowadays.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, pleasant said:

.....would like to know what exactly was defined as 'bullying' in the complaints they received.

No doubt it will be misconstrued 'hurty words' or people being asked to do the job properly they are paid hansomely to do....or being told to 'pull their socks up'

Nowadays if a manager asks an employee why they walked into work 5 minutes late the employee can state 'emotional stress' simply by being asked a reasonable question.

I remember many years ago my boss told me to get a hair cut as he though it was untidy and scruffy in front of customers. It wasnt, but hey ho. Anyway i got the length cut....a bit to keep him happy. I turned up for work monday morning and he said it was still too long. My 'colleagues' heard this conversation, and during my tea break they cornered me, held me down and took a pair of scissors to my hair and in doing so they cut my hand.

I never reported them, as this was considered 'normal' banter and cameraderie at the time.

I could have a field day with that nowadays.

APPLE.NEWS

ITV News Deputy Political Editor Anushka Asthana reports on Dominic Raab's resignation as...

There’s a very good chance you are spot on with your view, we seem to live in a world where you can hardly say anything to anyone. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2