Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I don't know about Twitter because I'm not a part of it, but there's some pretty spicy memes going around the other corners of the internet. 

image.png.ab5e5478a729b2f0d88f592247a00a17.png

Right now I'm very much enjoying the official news blackout to preserve OpSec, only to hear about the ridiculous gains made when information gets released. 

image.png.be065e15badea1d0e7820a7df54dce71.png

Edited by peds

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Simply ludicrous 

C3DDB4C4-B58B-4CFC-8601-AF30CAA07462.png

Yup bonkers. I went to the jubilee celebrations earlier on this year and when the parade finished we were allowed down the Mall and we and several thousand others made our way towards Buckingham Palace to catch the end of the celebrations. Never seen the Queen and other senior royals in 'real life' up to that point, but to everyone's surprise the Queen, Charles, William etc all came out to wave on the balcony in view of us- as soon as this happened everyone around us lifted their phones up and started recording the event- rather than actually taking it in with their own eyes, they watched it through their screens.....all arms held up with phones in them ruined our view to the extent we had to weave our heads around to get momentary views with our own eyes. I really don't know what is wrong with society now, that it is more important to show off to people online that you have witnessed an event rather than witness it with your own eyes.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 2

Just now, pleasant said:

Yup bonkers. I went to the jubilee celebrations earlier on this year and when the parade finished we were allowed down the Mall and we and several thousand others made out way towards Buckingham Palace to catch the end of the celebrations. Never seen the Queen and other senior royals in 'real life' up to that point, but to everyone's surprise the Queen, Charles, William etc all came out to wave on the balcony- as soon as this happened everyone around us lifted their phones up and started recording the event- rather than actually taking it in with their own eyes, they watched it through their screens.....all arms held up with phones in them ruined our view to the extent we had to weave our heads around to get momentary views with our own eyes. I really don't know what is wrong with society now, that it is more important to show off to people online that you have witnessed an event rather than witness it with your own eyes.

Yep agree on all of that; but what I found ludicrous was the woman complaining on Twitter with her phone about the other people using their phones for photos

• Like 1

On 08/09/2022 at 09:24, sime42 said:

Well I guess thats one way you could look at it. I was deliberately trying not to frame it as a Left versus Right debate. It's not in my mind. It's about honour and decency in our "leaders" and politicians, rather than whatever it is that yer man values.

Honour and decency used in a sentence about politions is preceded by the word no in 99% of the time! Lol

• Like 1

I've met King Charles twice. First time I was 10 (maybe younger) and he took the time to take five minutes to talk in a busy line of people wanting to do the same. Second time was at a scout camp. I think I was 18. He was visiting as it was Norfolk. Anyway my point is, there was no phones, blocking views etc. I was just stood there saying hello. He has the time for anyone it seems.

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Yep agree on all of that; but what I found ludicrous was the woman complaining on Twitter with her phone about the other people using their phones for photos

A time and a place surely? Its like going to a concert and everyone has their phones up recording it (never to be watched again) instead of actually enjoying it. Just because its stupid to use your phone in such a way in that instance and actually be engaged with what you're there to see does not mean that you have to live like a luddite after the occasion.