Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'm not yet convinced that it has been an overreaction. Even the people who 'know' about things don't trust the figures coming out of the government.  My concern is that we might be jumping the gun.
I have little faith in governement but do have faith in science.
I've seen ugly things too mate. I wouldn't toe the line if there wasn't sound reasoning behind it. Until we know what's actually going on, we need to assume the worst.
As more data becomes available from countries where they seem to have a handle on it, then we'll be able to make better decisions, independent of the Gov.
Just wear a mask for a bit in a shop, pretend you're a racoon.
If following the advice fails to stem the rate of infections, then aye, screw em, but until then I reckon it's best to go along with it.

Ok that level of debate I can live with. 

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nah mate,

You go on as if this is all a smokescreen like joke.

Death by covid-19 isn't fun. I'm told.

Why not show a little consideration for others who may not be blessed with the good health you have?

Harsh as it sounds, but we are ALL going to die, some sooner than others due to continued poor decisions, and indeed some more horribly.

BUT attempting to prevent these deaths is probably not economically viable, and indeed as is currently being proven.

Then even more "innocents" will get to needlessly die due to the many side effects of the economic disruption and ensuing poverty, which is already happening(multiple massive job losses) and can only clearly get worse.

I mean Mark, you, with you clearly demonstrated political stance MUST realize how big a killer poverty is.

Never mind the mental health issues of staring at the same bleak 4 walls for days on end.

So, which is is going to be Mark, a pure binary choice, go ahead and pick your pill.

Regards,

Marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, difflock said:

Harsh as it sounds, but we are ALL going to die, some sooner than others due to continued poor decisions, and indeed some more horribly.

BUT attempting to prevent these deaths is probably not economically viable, and indeed as is currently being proven.

Then even more "innocents" will get to needlessly die due to the many side effects of the economic disruption and ensuing poverty, which is already happening(multiple massive job losses) and can only clearly get worse.

I mean Mark, you, with you clearly demonstrated political stance MUST realize how big a killer poverty is.

Never mind the mental health issues of staring at the same bleak 4 walls for days on end.

So, which is is going to be Mark, a pure binary choice, go ahead and pick your pill.

Regards,

Marcus

Aye, we are all going to die.

Stick a mask on and crack on. Surely wearing a mask in shops isn't going to crash the economy much further than it already has.

As for the mental health issues of staring at the same four walls, imagine you're one of those people who are older with bad asthma, how would you feel knowing that you're going to be staring at those walls forever, unless other people wear a mask in shops?  Works both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I reckon the long term health impact on some survivors may turn out be worse than the deaths.

WWW.ADVISORY.COM

As researchers continue to uncover the long list of potential Covid-19 symptoms, some physicians are beginning to...

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Aye, we are all going to die.

Stick a mask on and crack on. Surely wearing a mask in shops isn't going to crash the economy much further than it already has.

As for the mental health issues of staring at the same four walls, imagine you're one of those people who are older with bad asthma, how would you feel knowing that you're going to be staring at those walls forever, unless other people wear a mask in shops?  Works both ways. 

The mask is just another part of this whole mess Mark and once again you try and guilt people whom disagree with the enforcement of wearing them by quoting old people with asthma etc etc. The reaction and consequences of such has far outweighed the severity of the so called pandemic. It’s been a farce as was WMD. Difflock is correct in saying contrary to what western medical science has virtually convinced us the opposite of that we are all going to die at some point. Human beings are living way longer than nature ever intended us to as it is. Using the protect the vulnerable and old stance as a tool to guilt or get people to conform is shameful, a lot of these older generation have more balls and faced far worse that the hysterical I want to be safe types you see today. My mother is 75 and was reluctantly shielding at the start, up to the point very quickly where she had seen enough of this rubbish “ her words “  and just wanted to get on with what she has left of her life. Not obeying some ludicrous instruction from a jobsworth politician saying she can’t see or hug her grandchild. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1