Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

The point ref the virus and comparisons to other diseases was clearly stated as worldwide not UK alone. 
If you want to go down the Road of preventable illness and protecting the nhs you could ban tobacco use in the UK tomorrow. I’ve never smoked and hate the habit but would not advocate a ban as if people want to smoke it’s not my business, but as has happened to myself and other FAC holders over the years with control and bans etc,  if it doesn’t effect people they don’t care and gradually the level of control is increased usually all in the name of keeping the public safe ??
There was no point to miss in relation to the mask wearing. The reaction based on the numbers and statistics are totally out of proportion. That is my opinion based on what I’ve seen, read,studied and experienced first hand. As stated in another post I was part of the DMT response earlier in this so called pandemic and would have supported measures based upon the initial information that came in, subsequent statistics and the never published recovery rate have led me to believe slightly differently to what mainstream media hype would like. 
Scottish figures for example are virtually zero but the grip of control by the SNP is being rigidly kept hold of. 

The point ref the virus and comparisons to other diseases was clearly stated as worldwide not UK alone

Fair enough, which disease can we do more about? A lot of people in S Africa die of malaria and HIV, what effect does that have to do with me wearing a mask to shop in tescos to help prevent me spreading a disease as I dont understand?

If you want to go down the Road of preventable illness and protecting the nhs you could ban tobacco use in the UK tomorrow. I’ve never smoked and hate the habit but would not advocate a ban as if people want to smoke it’s not my business, but as has happened to myself and other FAC holders over the years with control and bans etc,  if it doesn’t effect people they don’t care and gradually the level of control is increased usually all in the name of keeping the public safe

Well, they did ban smoking in public places to help prevent others from suffering which does affect people and was a very good move, and I am a smoker. You couldnt ban smoking without banning alcohol, you couldnt ban those without banning unhealthy food, there are limits. Sorry, I dont know what a FAC holder is.

The reaction based on the numbers and statistics are totally out of proportion

In respect to what? In the countries that have done sweet FA the numbers are still rising, those that have implemented stronger restrictions the numbers are lower.

That is my opinion based on what I’ve seen, read,studied and experienced first hand. As stated in another post I was part of the DMT response earlier in this so called pandemic and would have supported measures based upon the initial information that came in,

I also dont know what DMT response is either.

Scottish figures for example are virtually zero but the grip of control by the SNP is being rigidly kept hold of. 

Maybe to keep the figures down?

If in 12 months time the USA is clear of covid and business is usual then im sure we will follow suit as I presume the UK government wants us out and about, spending money as usual rather than sitting at home saving money and sponging off them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Perhaps figures are 'vitually' zero because of the measures that wee ginger, SNP glorious leader has put in place?

If restrictions were lifted and cases and deaths rose, would you be happy about it?

Without going into specific figures and looking at population density and actual testing etc that’s  exactly the line they want you to swallow. Or  the virus is nowhere near as bad as they are saying. 
Regarding the second comment try not to on occasion be such a total tit eh Mark 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

The point ref the virus and comparisons to other diseases was clearly stated as worldwide not UK alone

Fair enough, which disease can we do more about? A lot of people in S Africa die of malaria and HIV, what effect does that have to do with me wearing a mask to shop in tescos to help prevent me spreading a disease as I dont understand?

If you want to go down the Road of preventable illness and protecting the nhs you could ban tobacco use in the UK tomorrow. I’ve never smoked and hate the habit but would not advocate a ban as if people want to smoke it’s not my business, but as has happened to myself and other FAC holders over the years with control and bans etc,  if it doesn’t effect people they don’t care and gradually the level of control is increased usually all in the name of keeping the public safe

Well, they did ban smoking in public places to help prevent others from suffering which does affect people and was a very good move, and I am a smoker. You couldnt ban smoking without banning alcohol, you couldnt ban those without banning unhealthy food, there are limits. Sorry, I dont know what a FAC holder is.

The reaction based on the numbers and statistics are totally out of proportion

In respect to what? In the countries that have done sweet FA the numbers are still rising, those that have implemented stronger restrictions the numbers are lower.

That is my opinion based on what I’ve seen, read,studied and experienced first hand. As stated in another post I was part of the DMT response earlier in this so called pandemic and would have supported measures based upon the initial information that came in,

I also dont know what DMT response is either.

Maybe to keep the figures down?

If in 12 months time the USA is clear of covid and business is usual then im sure we will follow suit as I presume the UK government wants us out and about, spending money as usual rather than sitting at home saving money and sponging off them.

I know that he comes across as a poorly programmed bot. He's probably got a canny hook on him for a robot though.
I've had DMT, it might be different DMTto the one he's on about, but it's worth a shot.
FAC is to do with guns and anger about toys being taken away.
A raging hate for the SNP when, if you compare their reaction to the other countries that seem to be edging towards management of this pandemic, their policies seem sane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Without going into specific figures and looking at population density and actual testing etc that’s  exactly the line they want you to swallow. Or  the virus is nowhere near as bad as they are saying. 
Regarding the second comment try not to on occasion be such a total tit eh Mark 

Nah mate,

You go on as if this is all a smokescreen like joke.

Death by covid-19 isn't fun. I'm told.

Why not show a little consideration for others who may not be blessed with the good health you have?

25 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Nah mate,

You go on as if this is all a smokescreen like joke.

Death by covid-19 isn't fun. I'm told.

Why not show a little consideration for others who may not be blessed with the good health you have?

Don’t talk utter shite Mark. 
The over reaction to it and ludicrous restrictions put in place are what I disagree with. 
I’ve seen fatalities at work and had the misfortune to be first on scene after actually witnessing an rta. I’ve also watched my grandmother pass away. 
Death in any  forms is often a very unpleasant thing to witness.
You know nothing at all of how I behave towards others, it’s pretty pathetic bordering on disgusting you use that line ie show some sympathy etc etc that’s exactly the guilt  line that’s used if anyone dares disagree with or doubts the facts behind this virus. 
Basically unless I tow the line and go along with it I’m in the wrong and don’t care about the  predominantly elderly or those with underlying health conditions that are at risk from this virus. Utter utter bollocks 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Don’t talk utter shite Mark. 
The over reaction to it and ludicrous restrictions put in place are what I disagree with. 
I’ve seen fatalities at work and had the misfortune to be first on scene after actually witnessing an rta. I’ve also watched my grandmother pass away. 
Death in any  forms is often a very unpleasant thing to witness.
You know nothing at all of how I behave towards others, it’s pretty pathetic bordering on disgusting you use that line ie show some sympathy etc etc that’s exactly the guilt  line that’s used if anyone dares disagree with or doubts the facts behind this virus. 
Basically unless I tow the line and go along with it I’m in the wrong and don’t care about the  predominantly elderly or those with underlying health conditions that are at risk from this virus. Utter utter bollocks 

I'm not yet convinced that it has been an overreaction. Even the people who 'know' about things don't trust the figures coming out of the government.  My concern is that we might be jumping the gun.
I have little faith in governement but do have faith in science.
I've seen ugly things too mate. I wouldn't toe the line if there wasn't sound reasoning behind it. Until we know what's actually going on, we need to assume the worst.
As more data becomes available from countries where they seem to have a handle on it, then we'll be able to make better decisions, independent of the Gov.
Just wear a mask for a bit in a shop, pretend you're a racoon.
If following the advice fails to stem the rate of infections, then aye, screw em, but until then I reckon it's best to go along with it.

Edited by Mark J

44 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I know that he comes across as a poorly programmed bot. He's probably got a canny hook on him for a robot though.
I've had DMT, it might be different DMTto the one he's on about, but it's worth a shot.
FAC is to do with guns and anger about toys being taken away.
A raging hate for the SNP when, if you compare their reaction to the other countries that seem to be edging towards management of this pandemic, their policies seem sane.

I very much doubt you have ever been a qualified Diver Medic Technician. Poorly programmed ??  Why’s that because I doubt the severity vs the actions taken and consequences in regards this virus. Toys and anger is that how you refer to legally held firearms ?‍♂️once again you let yourself down. The bans and removal of personnel property from a law abiding individual bothers you not one bit as it didn’t affect you personally. You obviously know absolutely nothing of the SNP and how they have for years mismanaged health and education etc in Scotland. Do some research look at the amount of testing they have NOT done compared to England and the care homes death statistics etc etc before you make stupid uneducated  claims about them managing the virus. The fact I’m a Unionist will always turn me against the snp anyway but if they were doing things that worked I’d acknowledge that no problem. 

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I very much doubt you have ever been a qualified Diver Medic Technician. Poorly programmed ??  Why’s that because I doubt the severity vs the actions taken and consequences in regards this virus. Toys and anger is that how you refer to legally held firearms ?‍♂️once again you let yourself down. The bans and removal of personnel property from a law abiding individual bothers you not one bit as it didn’t affect you personally. You obviously know absolutely nothing of the SNP and how they have for years mismanaged health and education etc in Scotland. Do some research look at the amount of testing they have NOT done compared to England and the care homes death statistics etc etc before you make stupid uneducated  claims about them managing the virus. The fact I’m a Unionist will always turn me against the snp anyway but if they were doing things that worked I’d acknowledge that no problem. 

Apart from the diver bit, you're woefully misguided.