Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

sorry, but being relatively new here i don't know what is a piss take and what is serious. Granted the government response has been less than perfect but is anybody here seriously saying this is just an exercise in government control?

those chem trails must be working.

i know several people who have died from covid. i had it mildly at the start but still have no sense of smell. i'm mid 50s.

i can just imagine the ire of someone who has suffered from a preventable illness against the know it all conspiracy theorists

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

sorry, but being relatively new here i don't know what is a piss take and what is serious. Granted the government response has been less than perfect but is anybody here seriously saying this is just an exercise in government control?

i know several people who have died from covid. i had it mildly at the start but still have no sense of smell. i'm mid 50s.

i can just imagine the ire of someone who has suffered from a preventable illness against the know it all conspiracy theorists

Firstly, stick around, you'll soon know when folk are chain pulling, or not. Secondly, the government ain't got a clue what to advise, control doesn't come into it. I've more scientific knowledge than they have. How do you know you had Covid-19? I was proper sickly a few months back but couldn't get a test without travel and paying through the teeth.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Not just about control at all but the. Response and subsequent levels of control imparted upon people are totally disproportionate to the effects of the virus. I’m on a job with two 16 man teams and no one on here knows anyone personally whom has died from the virus. Power is addictive to politicians whom like nothing better than to tell you how to live your life etc. We live in a world of preventable diseases and always have done, no one gives a shit about many of the other diseases or indeed common flu that kills thousands every year. The mental health and financial stresses being placed upon people and the long term effects on kids are yet to be realised. Regards Covid 19 it’s like the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Shield the vulnerable if they want it, let the rest get on with life if you don’t feel safe stay at home ?‍♂️Wtf kind of existence is it with politicians telling you literally when and where you can do the even the most natural of things. I guess time might tell but judging by past lies ie WMD with Blair don’t expect the truth to be recognised by those in power. I’m no conspiracy theorist or claim to know everything but there is growing evidence to go against the media hysteria unfortunately it will never make the mainstream news. The ire of the person with the preventable illness ???? Really Look at the numbers and the recovered statistics etc etc not just the headline grabbing infection statistics, Nature calls the shots in reality, What about the ire of the person who has lost everything they have worked for for 35yrs due to ludicrous Government over reaction. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

Firstly, stick around, you'll soon know when folk are chain pulling, or not. Secondly, the government ain't got a clue what to advise, control doesn't come into it. I've more scientific knowledge than they have. How do you know you had Covid-19? I was proper sickly a few months back but couldn't get a test without travel and paying through the teeth.

Had positive antibody test

The simple truth is the government were floundering not knowing what to do which is fair enough with this novel situation. Massive mistakes were and will be made. Politics HAVE to come in to it as there is more to the health of the nation than preventing early deaths of the sick and vulnerable. Who the hell (absolutely no ****************ing body) knows what the economic fallout is gonna be. You need an economy to pay for health and social services as well as everything else. IMHO too many people have suffered from the fallout. Those with other conditions not being treated and the devastation of losing one’s livelihood. The other side of the coin is everything going to shit anyway cos every one is ill. I’m glad I’m not calling the shots. It’s a fine line and not some government exercise.

• Like 2