Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Don’t panic Mr Mannering! 

Found it:  

WWW.GOV.UK

Review of Network Rail’s tree cutting and vegetation management has been announced.

Bit late - plus they already been told off abt the complete lack of joined up thinking on ecology assets of Network Rail inspite of at least one of their top bods telling them so.  K

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Can’t, already moved on!

Separate subject, do you recall some sort of legal challenge to NR doing line clearance in nesting season a year or so back? I’ve got something of a memory of them being told something like - just because you didn’t get it all done in time is no excuse for carrying on into nesting season. Ring any bells? Can you point me in right direction for references??

PS - one of my regrets of leaving the Andrew was that I left before QE was commissioned and I missed the opportunity to be transported around the global cocktail party circuit. 

PPS - there are considerably less regrets than there are jubilations for leaving when I did ??

Kev , I saw one of Network Rails emails on it,  so as an old serviceman - you know the answer ?  k

11 hours ago, Khriss said:

Kev , I saw one of Network Rails emails on it,  so as an old serviceman - you know the answer ?  k

I was quite shocked at the amount of treatment needed to keep Kate Garroways husband alive . She said his liver and kidneys stopped working properly , his lungs were solid . They had to take blood out of one leg , oxygenate it  and put it back in the other leg .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I was quite shocked at the amount of treatment needed to keep Kate Garroways husband alive . She said his liver and kidneys stopped working properly , his lungs were solid . They had to take blood out of one leg , oxygenate it  and put it back in the other leg .

...... just my normal day really - is that my Merlot   ? Hobnobs ?  Don't mind if I do  ?  K

Edited by Khriss
I do seem to lose the feeling in both arms by 14.00 hrs ..... dunno
  • Haha 1

On 08/07/2020 at 00:42, Mark J said:
WWW.POLITICSHOME.COM

Tory MP Mark Francois has warned the UK's most senior army general that Dominic Cummings will “sort you out his own...

A military coup would be just the ticket, before Godzilla rocks up in August.

Crikey, DM! What a ridiculous little bellend.

• Sad 1

Commons Defence committee have been clueless since WW2,  bunch of uninformed twats. K

( oh yea.... Lets sell off our fleet of Harrier VStol aircraft cos we wont need them for that new aircraft carrier we building....... ) 

• Like 1

.... And lets not forget that shite SA80 fr the troops cos a gun that jams when you just look at it is a massive saving on bullets....  Along with a Cheiftan that HAS to run on domestic heating oil but cannot climb a hill.... Fab 120mm gun, just as long as the enemy are attacking within 5km of a block of German flats.... ?  K

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Khriss said:

.... And lets not forget that shite SA80 fr the troops cos a gun that jams when you just look at it is a massive saving on bullets....  Along with a Cheiftan that HAS to run on domestic heating oil but cannot climb a hill.... Fab 120mm gun, just as long as the enemy are attacking within 5km of a block of German flats.... ?  K

I thought the current tank was the Challenger with the smaller " stealth " Ajax ?

48 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I thought the current tank was the Challenger with the smaller " stealth " Ajax ?

Indeed it is the Challenger 2 with life upgrades etc etc. 
SA80 has long since been sorted out. So much gossip and shit about regarding how bad it was back in the day and how wonderful the old SLR was etc. I did basic training with an SLR and by then they were worn out unreliable and woefully lacking in accuracy. My current rifles will all hold under 1 MOA easy, back then 2.5-3 was acceptable with an SLR. Getting the SA 80 especially once upgraded by H&K was a massive improvement for the guys on the ground carrying it, ive used both and know which I’d prefer. Mind you that’s not to say it would be my first choice of all the current NATO service rifles.  

• Like 3