Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Well I guess I fit into the Piss Take and 'Chem Trail' then. Did you get a certificate to confirm you had it or is it just an assumption? 

The piss take and Chem trails are two different things.

I’m hoping you are in the piss take group as I’ve just spent five and a half K because you said bandsaws were a real and efficient method of obtaining slabs.

If you are a chem trailer then I’m back to my chainsaw [emoji12]

Got my antibodies checked as part of some epidemiological study. No certificate. Norway is assuming antibodies or past infection gives immunity. That is an unknown. There are a few reports of doctors having caught it twice. Nobody knows for sure.

However, I am assuming that I’m not gonna get it again at least this year9261f1d444d94111d27eb7894a3f6351.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Well the odds of what you are describing ref the amount of people you know and yourself etc who have had it are way off the national experience, god knows how you managed to be around so many positive cases. 

bollocks to wearing a mask or social distancing just to prevent even a common cold or the flu what kind of pathetic existence is that. There is loads that can be done about many of the diseases out there far worse than Covid 19, none of them have caused the international paralysis or got the media hype this has. 

The thing is the vast majority do not die or even show symptoms so the logic of better than dead is total and utter rubbish. Very easy to say but way different to deal with in reality. 

life goes on bud, We have to work with it or around this just as humans have done for thousands of years. 

Just normal people doing an everyday job  working in a distribution centre. One would still be alive and the other living a normal life if it wasn't for covid. I doubt the out come would of been the same had it been flu.

Seems to be the problem atm, it spreads quite quickly and is far more deadly than say the flu which is the virus most people compare it to for some reason.

bollocks to wearing a mask or social distancing just to prevent even a common cold or the flu what kind of pathetic existence is that

Missed my point on that one. Masks and distancing for covid will prevent the spread of other diseases that's all. Of course it would be pathetic to do that just for the common cold or flu.

Just must have been fuming when the controlling elites of society started pulling our strings and told us we should sneeze and cough into our elbows. ? 

"No bloody chance, I will cough and fart how I bloody well like!"

Which other viruses are causing more problems in the uk then?

3 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Just must have been fuming when the controlling elites of society started pulling our strings and told us we should sneeze and cough into our elbows. ? 

I got your point strait away . If wearing a masks  incidentally helps stop other stuff then its a bonus .   Odd that the recommendation was to cough and sneeze  into our elbow and the preferred method of greeting peeps was to touch elbows ....

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Just normal people doing an everyday job  working in a distribution centre. One would still be alive and the other living a normal life if it wasn't for covid. I doubt the out come would of been the same had it been flu.

Seems to be the problem atm, it spreads quite quickly and is far more deadly than say the flu which is the virus most people compare it to for some reason.

bollocks to wearing a mask or social distancing just to prevent even a common cold or the flu what kind of pathetic existence is that

Missed my point on that one. Masks and distancing for covid will prevent the spread of other diseases that's all. Of course it would be pathetic to do that just for the common cold or flu.

The point ref the virus and comparisons to other diseases was clearly stated as worldwide not UK alone. 
If you want to go down the Road of preventable illness and protecting the nhs you could ban tobacco use in the UK tomorrow. I’ve never smoked and hate the habit but would not advocate a ban as if people want to smoke it’s not my business, but as has happened to myself and other FAC holders over the years with control and bans etc,  if it doesn’t effect people they don’t care and gradually the level of control is increased usually all in the name of keeping the public safe ??
There was no point to miss in relation to the mask wearing. The reaction based on the numbers and statistics are totally out of proportion. That is my opinion based on what I’ve seen, read,studied and experienced first hand. As stated in another post I was part of the DMT response earlier in this so called pandemic and would have supported measures based upon the initial information that came in, subsequent statistics and the never published recovery rate have led me to believe slightly differently to what mainstream media hype would like. 
Scottish figures for example are virtually zero but the grip of control by the SNP is being rigidly kept hold of. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

sorry, but being relatively new here i don't know what is a piss take and what is serious. Granted the government response has been less than perfect but is anybody here seriously saying this is just an exercise in government control?

those chem trails must be working.

i know several people who have died from covid. i had it mildly at the start but still have no sense of smell. i'm mid 50s.

i can just imagine the ire of someone who has suffered from a preventable illness against the know it all conspiracy theorists

“Tip in a lay-by” 

New here.....

Dont know what is a piss take....

Yeah, go on, pull the other one it plays Jingle Bells ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/07/2020 at 11:53, Johnsond said:

Nice tools, shame a lot of good stuff ended up in crushers due to political gesturing. Mates  got a Lithgow bolt action in 17hmr and rates it very highly. 

I do miss full bore semi auto if I’m honest. 22 rimfire semi whilst good cheap fun and a good training aid especially for the kids ain’t quite the same. I do a bit of PSG and Target Shotgun which is a good buzz, but tend to feel the aches the next day or so afterwards. 

hi johnsond,is the target shotgun still at persley,nr the scrapyard,regards struie.

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

“Tip in a lay-by” 

New here.....

Dont know what is a piss take....

Yeah, go on, pull the other one it plays Jingle Bells ?

look, you can't imagine what stick i've had the whole of my life with people having a go at my name. i rue the day my parents thought Tippin was a nice original moniker.

after leaving school i thought i had no option but to go into the illegal fly tipping trade. must admit business has fallen off since this site started to advertise local tip sites

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Scottish figures for example are virtually zero but the grip of control by the SNP is being rigidly kept hold of. 

Perhaps figures are 'vitually' zero because of the measures that wee ginger, SNP glorious leader has put in place?

If restrictions were lifted and cases and deaths rose, would you be happy about it?

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1