Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

It’s a bit late for the anniversary, but worth a re-post:

Today is a special day.  June 4th 2020 marks the 16th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby Colorado.

Sit down kids and let me tell you a tale, about a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby Colorado.  

The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop.  

In the process this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop.  

Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail.  

Petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself.  Denied.  

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business.  

To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines.  

An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin.  

Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back.  

Over the course of a year and a half Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with three foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems guarded with bulletproof glass.

On June 4th 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.

He burst fourth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business.  

Over the course of the next several hours Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.  

Swat teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives.  

Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it too fell to the dozers righteous fury.  

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy.  

Marvin chose to take his life, the only life he took that day.

Today we celebrate Killdozer day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero.  

A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.  

From notes left behind after his passing:
"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable.  

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

HAPPY MOTHER****************ING KILLDOZER DAY EVERYONE.

84EE7998-77E5-4373-8E85-4EA3AB8775F1.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Brexit  means breaking or weakening the   EU  as a united block against Russian influence.

As they regard eastern europe as there  backyard and are upset about the EU spreading east and the loss of control over former soviet Union eastern block countries.

Also  they helped  Trump get elected as messes with NATO maybe hoping aswell for internal civil unrest inside USA.

Yup it's all about economic power and trading blocs, the EU was a major trading bloc before its, mainly German, politicians caused it's demise by empire building

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Russia report.
I’m really confused about this. Is Russia friend or foe?
Why would they want Brexit to go through??

Do read yr history , an watch Alec Guiness in Dr Zhivago , a good indicator of attitudes that prevail over in the Eastern Bloc. Frankly Putin is a dangerous guy . 

Edited by Khriss
" did I think he was a better man than me ? I have killed better men than me with a small calibre pistol ..."

On 18/07/2020 at 17:18, eggsarascal said:

Our Liz will know where he's at and send a letter when the time comes, I'm sure you look out to him.

The Queen does still send out messages for 100th birthdays, but you have to apply, it’s not automatic.

Mam did it for Grandma a few years back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

The Queen does still send out messages for 100th birthdays, but you have to apply, it’s not automatic.

Mam did it for Grandma a few years back.

Learn something new everyday, sounds like your lot are good livers. That's not to say you'll have a good liver.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3