Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

22 hours ago, sime42 said:

So, Dowsing, water divining. That's another interesting one, I should have included that on the list.

Some old country boys swear by it for finding springs in fields, or lost drains or pipes.

20 hours ago, Steven P said:

Water companies use it every now and then so must be a thing

I seen the fire brigade using it once, turns out they were trying to douse the flames :dontknow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Mark J said:
WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The CEO of one of Infosys' other major clients, Shell, also joined Rishi Sunak's new business council two weeks ago.

All he has to do is keep his head down and do nothing controversial, be less mental than Liz truss and less corrupt than Boris Johnson. Suppose we just need to wait till he goes proper fruit loop then ( I say from a position of despair, all Labour need is a leader with some charisma - any charisma).

• Like 2

On 31/07/2023 at 21:46, Will C said:

There is no conspiracy about water divining. I’ve found many a pipe and land drain with them, the last one I marked on the floor before the cat and genie arrived, I was under a ft out and would of found it with digger in the same hole. 

That said some people can’t do it for love nor money, my missis reckons she has the wrong magnetic field about her compared to me!

Good to hear this. It was never a conspiracy theory in my book, always been fascinated by the idea, and would like to believe it but can't quite entirely as I've not had personal experience.

Any ideas on how it works?

8 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Mick, back on to Big Cat conspiracies!

This isn’t a big cat, but was filmed in Kent last January.

There was a howling noise from the woods for a couple of nights, then it seemed to disappear without trace.

Cat.

• Like 1

I'd say domestic cat in that clip, no question, but I also totally believe in the presence of larger-than-domestic cats being out there; there are too many reported sightings for me to doubt it yet none apparently of 'big dogs', i.e. wolves