Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Just stop oil protesters surrounded by orange T shirt clad people with " just stop pissing everyone off " written on their T shirts 🙂

That id like to see, slowly slowly just bundle them off the road and onto the pavement at all times maintaining that apathetic gormless look they seem to have perfected. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That id like to see, slowly slowly just bundle them off the road and onto the pavement at all times maintaining that apathetic gormless look they seem to have perfected. 

Bundle them all on a boat and send them all over to france they can apply for asylum over there. 

Edited by topchippyles

2 hours ago, ArronTreeServices said:

I 100% don't see why they think that anyone will back their cause when all they do is cause problems and irritate the general public, mostly around events that have nothing to do with oil.

My gran on her way to the Co-op for a bottle of milk is going to change nothing no matter how many times they stand in front of her car. In fact one day she might get out for a natter. In fact, maybe she should - they wouldn't be back, once they can politely get their excuses in to leave. It is a fair point, the people they are annoying are not going to change the world no matter how many times you shut down a road (cars idling away in the background).

However it must be a fair sized organisation to get that many locals able to walk to their protest sites, no cars, buses, trains used..... (and of course, no computers with their gas generation used to organise things either)

13 hours ago, Steven P said:

Likewise, in the city do you take bin bags for the birds that hit windows, are killed and weakened from car and power station exhausts, from cats.... point here is that whatever we do we affect our environment (t'internet reckons that domestic cats kill a factor of 100 times more birds than windmills). We have a choice and it is one we will have to make very soon - turn down our electricity use, go green with energy generation, or go back to Russia to get our gas supplies till that runs out. Can't see London being very happy if we tell them to turn off the electricity at the weekends.

that's not including all the sea birds that are getting killed by them at sea as well. With all the electric cars that are coming on stream we cannot produce enough electric ourselves that is why we import it from France and Norway then when they shut the coal power stations they started using gas.

the population in this country is rising at a huge rate with all the immigration both legal and illegal and all have to be provided for       

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Here we go with the missing the point thing again the point that only you ever seem to get . 42 you are as blind with this as you were with covid. Punitive actions !!!! Seriously you don’t think charging or fining people to drive their car into a newly proclaimed clean air zone is not punitive, forcing people to upgrade even if they can’t afford it banning the sale of new diesel and petrol cars etc etc the so called climate crisis is the latest thing to be hijacked by the media and as with covid the profits will be huge, and just as they did with covid the gullible will swallow it without question. 
listen you are obviously happy to have Chinese supplied renewables, Russian coal and oil from anywhere but here all in the name of the environment, crack on buy your electric car and terrify yourself like you did previously. Common sense just doesn’t seem to be that common nowadays in politics or in the population. 
By the way 42 you want to throw in a Moonbat wisecrack 🤷‍♂️no probs at all, you have been proven to be utterly wrong and massively gullible/naive during the covid farce whereas the likes of myself and a few others on here  have ultimately been proven to have been correct ina lot of what we argued about. The difference between you  and some of the other covid zealots is that they have chosen to maybe let it go with the realisation they might well have called it wrong. You on the other hand still try to be a smart arse using the moonbat comment or making out only you get the point etc etc

When did I say that I'm happy to have Chinese supplied renewables, Russian coal and oil from anywhere? I didn't, because I'm not. I don't think we should be consuming Chinese goods with the insatiable appetite that we have for the disposable crap either. By doing so we're driving their coal burning and all the other natural resources that they're plundering from Africa for example.
I believe we should be making our own renewable energy plant and infrastructure here in the UK. Why aren't we doing that? We're ideally placed with our scientific and engineering expertise, not to mention our heavy industry heritage. We're missing or maybe have already missed a golden opportunity here, this could be the ideal solution to the problem of that elusive economic growth that seems to be the holy grail of government at the moment. Instead they're flogging the dead horse that is the flagging Service and Consumer Economy. It's nonsense. We should be making stuff, that lasts, not endlessly consuming stuff.

The big push towards electric cars is bollocks. As if that's going to fix all the problems. Thanks, but I won't be buying one any time soon. I'll continue to drive my diesel van, sparingly, into the ground.

Regarding clean air zones. Obviously they've been poorly implemented, it should be done so in a far more intelligent and nuanced way, like all top down government policy, but the idea behind it is sound. On the other hand, it wouldn't do the average overweight person any harm to get out of their car and walk or cycle occasionally, kill two birds with one stone and all that.

You're very adept at evading questions, you should be a politician! I know you've a rabid dislike of the media, so let's set aside any media frenzy, perceived or otherwise for now. Have you not noticed that the weather, climate even, is changing, there's an awful lot less insects around than there used to be etc etc? Lots of things like that. Or is it all just a big lie from scientists?

Since you're back in full-on zealot mode here's some Moonbatery for you. It'll be a good resource, you'll like it, lots of "common sense". Real science don't you know;

https://goodsciencing.com/