Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

38 minutes ago, Steven P said:

China and India polluting the world - so the rest of the world should as well? That doesn't sound so good to me. I was always told the best thing to do is lead by example, aim to be the best we can and not equalling the worst that they can be.

I reckon I would prefer a day in the hills surrounded by windmills than an hour walking around a nuclear power plant or dodging coal trucks heading to a power station any day.

Anyway, couple a few quick stats, if you like that, for electricity

Chinas electricity use per person is about the same as Europeans... but have many with no electricity supply

India uses about 1/4 of Europeans

US, Canada double and Norway 4 times what we use! (won't mention Iceland)

Some African states annual per person electricity use is what I use in a week

.. when everyone in the world have their technology aspirations met (pretty much to do what we do today) we are going to need a lot more electricity and that means green energy, far better to be on it now, learn, get the experience, knowledge, factories and then we can make a profit from that.

You ever been involved with any of the current renewables projects or see where the kit is actually made or who is installing it ??

Edited by Johnsond

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

China and India polluting the world - so the rest of the world should as well? That doesn't sound so good to me. I was always told the best thing to do is lead by example, aim to be the best we can and not equalling the worst that they can be.

I reckon I would prefer a day in the hills surrounded by windmills than an hour walking around a nuclear power plant or dodging coal trucks heading to a power station any day.

Anyway, couple a few quick stats, if you like that, for electricity

Chinas electricity use per person is about the same as Europeans... but have many with no electricity supply

India uses about 1/4 of Europeans

US, Canada double and Norway 4 times what we use! (won't mention Iceland)

Some African states annual per person electricity use is what I use in a week

.. when everyone in the world have their technology aspirations met (pretty much to do what we do today) we are going to need a lot more electricity and that means green energy, far better to be on it now, learn, get the experience, knowledge, factories and then we can make a profit from that.

when you go for a day in the hills surrounded by windmills don't forget to take a bin bag to put all the dead birds in that have been hit by the blades 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daveatdave said:

when you go for a day in the hills surrounded by windmills don't forget to take a bin bag to put all the dead birds in that have been hit by the blades 

Likewise, in the city do you take bin bags for the birds that hit windows, are killed and weakened from car and power station exhausts, from cats.... point here is that whatever we do we affect our environment (t'internet reckons that domestic cats kill a factor of 100 times more birds than windmills). We have a choice and it is one we will have to make very soon - turn down our electricity use, go green with energy generation, or go back to Russia to get our gas supplies till that runs out. Can't see London being very happy if we tell them to turn off the electricity at the weekends.

THE LAST BEE
After the last ee
had uzzed its last uzz,

the irds and the utterflies
did what they could.

ut soon the fields lay are,
few flowers were left,

nature was roken,
and the planet ereft.

BRIAN BILSTON.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Like I say you do like to gobble up a bit of hysteria 42. Get yourself to China and India and see how you get on. We do far more than most here.  You of all people advising “ open your eyes” that’s pretty ironic. 

Do you actually believe that this is all media hysteria? Surely this isn't another of your Moonbat jobs?

Whilst I'm in China viewing their huge renewable energy infrastructure, you could have a little trip to Italy, or the US or China. You don't even have to open your eyes if you don't want to, you can just feel the unprecedented heat waves.

13 hours ago, sime42 said:

Do you actually believe that this is all media hysteria? Surely this isn't another of your Moonbat jobs?

Whilst I'm in China viewing their huge renewable energy infrastructure, you could have a little trip to Italy, or the US or China. You don't even have to open your eyes if you don't want to, you can just feel the unprecedented heat waves.

Christ you are beyond talking common sense too. I should have known that after the last few years. Yep chinas wonderful renewables infrastructure eh 42 🤔oh yeah they are massively into that along with the multiple new coal fired power stations and steel works. There is a balance to be had and we could start by cutting China out the loop in regards what we see around our coastline. Educate yourself on the current reality of uk renewables and the source of most of the eqpt 42 and the tidal options available in the uk etc etc 

the changes required need to be from government and be long term strategic ones  rather than punitive actions to the average citizen in the short term. 
Unlike yourself 42 I’ve seen first hand and worked within the renewable industry, seen all the vessels, the crews the crane barges the heavy lift ships hauling jackets and monopoles from China and elsewhere all the way to the uk to install off our coastline wind farms that generate eye watering profits for mainly overseas companies.paid for in the end by UK customers. 

F8E70DBF-231A-4850-8026-5B25ED763C21.png

Edited by Johnsond

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Christ you are beyond talking common sense too. I should have known that after the last few years. Yep chinas wonderful renewables infrastructure eh 42 🤔oh yeah they are massively into that along with the multiple new coal fired power stations and steel works. There is a balance to be had and we could start by cutting China out the loop in regards what we see around our coastline. Educate yourself on the current reality of uk renewables and the source of most of the eqpt 42 and the tidal options available in the uk etc etc 

the changes required need to be from government and be long term strategic ones  rather than punitive actions to the average citizen in the short term. 
Unlike yourself 42 I’ve seen first hand and worked within the renewable industry, seen all the vessels, the crews the crane barges the heavy lift ships hauling jackets and monopoles from China and elsewhere all the way to the uk to install off our coastline wind farms that generate eye watering profits for mainly overseas companies.paid for in the end by UK customers. 

So you do believe Climate Change to be a thing? I'm still not clear.

Trying to distil that down to a coherent point;

I think you're trying to say that we ought to be using our own UK manufactured renewable infrastructure, rather than Chinese. Correct?

I completely agree. Our government don't seem to believe in that sentiment though unfortunately, they're unable to make those long term strategic decisions, for whatever reasons. We really should have nationalised critical infrastructure, but that ship has long since sailed as far as energy supply goes. France and China already own half of ours anyway. So what's the difference if some or ideally all of that is from renewable sources? I fear you may be missing the bigger point again.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What are these "punitive actions to the average citizen in the short term" that you speak of?

6 hours ago, sime42 said:

So you do believe Climate Change to be a thing? I'm still not clear.

Trying to distil that down to a coherent point;

I think you're trying to say that we ought to be using our own UK manufactured renewable infrastructure, rather than Chinese. Correct?

I completely agree. Our government don't seem to believe in that sentiment though unfortunately, they're unable to make those long term strategic decisions, for whatever reasons. We really should have nationalised critical infrastructure, but that ship has long since sailed as far as energy supply goes. France and China already own half of ours anyway. So what's the difference if some or ideally all of that is from renewable sources? I fear you may be missing the bigger point again.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What are these "punitive actions to the average citizen in the short term" that you speak of?

Here we go with the missing the point thing again the point that only you ever seem to get . 42 you are as blind with this as you were with covid. Punitive actions !!!! Seriously you don’t think charging or fining people to drive their car into a newly proclaimed clean air zone is not punitive, forcing people to upgrade even if they can’t afford it banning the sale of new diesel and petrol cars etc etc the so called climate crisis is the latest thing to be hijacked by the media and as with covid the profits will be huge, and just as they did with covid the gullible will swallow it without question. 
listen you are obviously happy to have Chinese supplied renewables, Russian coal and oil from anywhere but here all in the name of the environment, crack on buy your electric car and terrify yourself like you did previously. Common sense just doesn’t seem to be that common nowadays in politics or in the population. 
By the way 42 you want to throw in a Moonbat wisecrack 🤷‍♂️no probs at all, you have been proven to be utterly wrong and massively gullible/naive during the covid farce whereas the likes of myself and a few others on here  have ultimately been proven to have been correct ina lot of what we argued about. The difference between you  and some of the other covid zealots is that they have chosen to maybe let it go with the realisation they might well have called it wrong. You on the other hand still try to be a smart arse using the moonbat comment or making out only you get the point etc etc

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

On 18/07/2023 at 21:27, PeteB said:

Forage and his bank woes? He is just a customer.....if the bank don't like him and cancel his account, he shouldn't moan, just get on with life and stop trying to get sympathy for being a racist bigot!

Banks cannot judge whether they want his business surely? 

APPLE.NEWS

Coutts has apologised to Nigel Farage after his bank account was closed.

Looks like the racist bigot was telling the truth again.