Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

I am bewildered by this extreme narrative that tries to make out covid was not a serious threat to public health and that restrictions were not needed especially at the beginning pre vaccines. 

Regardless of the knock on affects covid was killing around 1% of those infected and if left unchecked it would and nearly did overwhelmed our NHS. If the NHS was overwhelmed that percentage death rate would have been vastly higher as far more than 1% of us needed needed oxygen.  We couldn't leave it to run unless we wanted a massacre of our elderly and vulnerable but not elusively this group.

In the first lockdown I remember going for what was nearly a peaceful walk as there was so little motor activity but with an almost permeant sound of distant ambulance sirens!

It was horrible and pretending it didn't happen is absurd. 

I saw some nonsense  headline the other day trying to make out our current high death rate is due to covid restriction from what now would be 18 months ago. For a grown up look into the actual causes of our current high death rates see here you can read it in the FT but behind paywall but the author shared it. 

I’m bewildered that you still believe the lies. The lies that even the government are distancing themselves from. The lies that somehow never made it across the pond to Scandinavia. 

You’ve had your pants well and truly pulled down and your brain will not allow you to process it. 

If only there was a term for that…..

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’m bewildered that you still believe the lies. The lies that even the government are distancing themselves from. The lies that somehow never made it across the pond to Scandinavia. 

You’ve had your pants well and truly pulled down and your brain will not allow you to process it. 

We will clearly never see this the same Andy but what are the 'lies' as you see it?

Did we not have excess deaths in early 2020?

Were the ambulances running around empty? 

Are all the doctors and nurses in on the lie (my wife was one of them) dealing with covid patients turning blue)? 

Can multiple governments who in normal times are incapable of organising a piss up in brewery somehow organise a massive multi county conspiracy to cripple their economies?

As for Sunak's comments both him and Truss will clearly say anything they think might sway the Conservative members. Truth and facts have little to do with what comes out of their mouths.

Agreed other countries have managed this much better. Some through luck of geography (most less densely populated nations), some through good communication of the facts (Sweden according to a friend out there). some through early actions ie lockdowns and other mitigations.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

We will clearly never see this the same Andy but what are the 'lies' as you see it?

Are all the doctors and nurses in on the lie (my wife was one of them) dealing with covid patients turning blue)? 

Can multiple governments who in normal times are incapable of organising a piss up in brewery somehow organise a massive multi county conspiracy to cripple their economies?

As for Sunak's comments both him and Truss will clearly say anything they think might sway the Conservative members. Truth and facts have little to do with what comes out of their mouths.

Agreed other countries have managed this much better. Some through luck of geography (most less densely populated nations), some through good communication of the facts (Sweden according to a friend out there). some through early actions ie lockdowns and other mitigations.

As you say, we’ll never agree. There’s about 1000 pages in the covid threads here answering all that you ask. You can post massaged date to back up your POV as can I. But more and more and little by little the massaged date you cling to is being worn away and exposed for what it is. 

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Someon was paying attention. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GarethM said:

Boris has for a long while been a bit like diet coke, devoid of calories and full of chemicals.

Which as a small C conservative does kinda pain me knowing how low all parties have fallen.

Whilst Michael Gove is like old school Coke;- full of cocaine. 

When the news first broke around Christmas 2019, I was both concerned and perplexed, concerned that such a deadly virus was spreading like wildfire, and perplexed the air travel continued unabated, for fornicating months and months and bloody months.

So if the virus was so deadly, why the inaction?

Then I rapidly  concluded that it was merely a super-flu and would only thin the herd of the unfit.

Which was probably well overdue.

Some of whom might have been my own mother(well into her eighties) or indeed our only daughter(who was not unfit, but very exposed to contracting the virus) due to working as a physio in the Covid-positive ward for the duration.

BUT life MUST go on.

Or else our economy was going to be fornicated.

And it was and is.

And now, shierk horror, Monkey pox.

Yawn.

Marcus.

P.S.

Why anyone with a functioning brain would believe ANYTHING the Government, "experts" or the BBC chooses to tell us truely baffles me.

They have shit in the nest big-time in respect of eroding and destroying public trust in the shit they tell us.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Woodworks said:

most of Scandinavia avoided the worst of Covid because they locked down before many had it , also in Jan /Feb   very few visit those countries unlike other EU countries and especially the UK !!!                           I too have Doctors / Consultants in the family and believe what they tell me !!

Edited by devon TWiG

Just now, devon TWiG said:

most of Scandinavia avoided the worst of Covid because they locked down before many had it , also in Jan /Feb   very few visit those countries unlike other EU countries and especially the UK !!!

Not really. They just did not but into it. 

I worked in a Norway throughout the “plandemic” I had eyes on the ground exposure to how they handled it.