Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

If you keep thinking about stuff like this you are going to drive yourself bloody crazy. 🙂

Hi, well everyone has to have their one take on just exactly what is trying to be done to the world we used to know and took for granted, and which I believe the tide has turned on.

I appreciate that not a lot of folk want to have to think about this stuff on a daily basis, but after 40 years self- employment and many hard times I pride myself in not being driven crazy... but to me the last couple of years really pushed the envelope of the narrative that they want me to swallow.. but I'm not biting and I know I'm not alone.

I stand by my post and would reiterate that all around the world food production is being deliberately targeted with multi pronged attacks on a very efficient industry... I simply can't stand by and ignore what's being done to food production and the supply chain, amongst many other things.

I don't know if you're aware of any of this, for instance just what's going on in Canada or the Netherlands right now... of course you won't be if you use the BBC, Sky or any MSM for your info as just about zero of  real world news gets reported, just a lot petty diversional piss that keeps us arguing and divided.

Anyway, all the best to you and your concern for my sanity, cheers👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Hi, well everyone has to have their one take on just exactly what is trying to be done to the world we used to know and took for granted, and which I believe the tide has turned on.

I appreciate that not a lot of folk want to have to think about this stuff on a daily basis, but after 40 years self- employment and many hard times I pride myself in not being driven crazy... but to me the last couple of years really pushed the envelope of the narrative that they want me to swallow.. but I'm not biting and I know I'm not alone.

I stand by my post and would reiterate that all around the world food production is being deliberately targeted with multi pronged attacks on a very efficient industry... I simply can't stand by and ignore what's being done to food production and the supply chain, amongst many other things.

I don't know if you're aware of any of this, for instance just what's going on in Canada or the Netherlands right now... of course you won't be if you use the BBC, Sky or any MSM for your info as just about zero of  real world news gets reported, just a lot petty diversional piss that keeps us arguing and divided.

I'll put it another way. If I were to think about that stuff all the time I'd drive myself mad. You must be psychologically more robust than me. 

I don't know enough about the subject the have an opinion either way really. A bit like you, I look after 'me and mine' (I've been self employed my entire working life too), but unlike you, I'm quite happy to let the outside world get on with it. I'm sure you'd suggest I'm sticking my head in the sand, and I wouldn't argue against that statement. For me it's a self preservation tactic though; I know myself well enough to realise that if I started down that path I could easily find myself quite obsessed with it. I'm best with problems for which I can find a solution. I'd struggle to think about the stuff you are thinking about, as, to me at least, there seems to be little we could do about it. 

It's the same reason I don't do as much as I could for charity. I think the more I did, the more helpless I would feel. My brother is the opposite, volunteers as a non exec director for a large charity, and carries quite a burden because of it.

Keep safe ( and sane). 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Macpherson said:

What's going on in Canada and the Netherlands, then?

I'll assume it's the plan to prevent farmers using their land productively. Banning the sensible use of fertiliser because of nitrogen emissions, whilst at the same time making diesel drivers use adblue.

Which shock horror creates nitrogen.

• Like 2