The underpricing thread.

Mark Bolam

Back to the subject:

I priced to plant a Laurel hedge, as a sub-contractor. We started digging and found a 12" thick reinforced concrete slab. 1.5days of labour with a mini digger and mini skip turned into 4days with a 5t digger & breaker, 2t dumper, 5t telehandler and 4 skips!

Looks like the client is about to knock me for the lot because patio slabs cracked even though they were pre-warned and said ok. 👎💩👎😢😢

Priced a big pine takedown once in the top found it was rot a good 6-8 foot hollow in fact couldn't lower anything so had to tell the customer it was going to be an extra £330 for a 27mtr picker.. Luckily she said "ok then when we had it topped previously the tree surgeon said it was rot" could of pointed that out before 3 of us traveled an hour to site lol. Sat around from 8:30-12:30 then picker arrived and smashed it late finish.. But no loss

Priced a big pine takedown once in the top found it was rot a good 6-8 foot hollow in fact couldn't lower anything so had to tell the customer it was going to be an extra £330 for a 27mtr picker.. Luckily she said "ok then when we had it topped previously the tree surgeon said it was rot" could of pointed that out before 3 of us traveled an hour to site lol. Sat around from 8:30-12:30 then picker arrived and smashed it late finish.. But no loss í ½í±

Had an Ash like this last week, but it was rotten and hollow for the first 25-30ft, thus only became apparent after stripping the ivy and finding lots of cavities through to the hollow middle up to quite a height, after seeing this I informed the client that I wasn't happy with climbs it now the situation had developed further. Long story short he said he'd stick with me and to re price for access equipment the. Phoned me up a few days later saying his neighbours mate who's a tree surgeon was willing to do it without a MEWP.

Had an Ash like this last week, but it was rotten and hollow for the first 25-30ft, thus only became apparent after stripping the ivy and finding lots of cavities through to the hollow middle up to quite a height, after seeing this I informed the client that I wasn't happy with climbs it now the situation had developed further. Long story short he said he'd stick with me and to re price for access equipment the. Phoned me up a few days later saying his neighbours mate who's a tree surgeon was willing to do it without a MEWP.

how much holding it up?

Good them neighbours mates or mates... :001_rolleyes: