The underpricing thread.

Mark Bolam

i dont know why this happens....

i go and look at the job then get overly optimistic!!

example:

looked at a large birch to reduce in height by around 50% and to shape. also had three apple trees to remove.

i told her my price and she accepted.

did the job a month later

but thought in some deluded moment that i would fit all of the brash in the back of my fourtrak van and was thinking it would of been an easy day, :confused1: what an idiot!!

i had finished the cutting by lunch time, birch looked real sweet but i had barely one apple in the van!!

so had to drive 20 miles to a mates to borrow his trailer. Had it about 12ft high and hanging off the sides by about 4ft!!

i wouldnt say i lost money but didnt make as much as i thought!!

Most underpriced job I ever had to do was a conny hedge reduction, gaffer told us it was 20 man hours! Lmao when we got there 182 50ft ish trees to be reduced by approx 15ft, told him to cancel the rest of the week. Took me 4 1/2 days and about 14 ton of chips! Not a job I ever wish to see again!

Most underpriced job I ever had to do was a conny hedge reduction, gaffer told us it was 20 man hours! Lmao when we got there 182 50ft ish trees to be reduced by approx 15ft, told him to cancel the rest of the week. Took me 4 1/2 days and about 14 ton of chips! Not a job I ever wish to see again!

LOL sounds like 90% of the jobs i get sent on.

Im yet to muck up and make a loss yet, but ive climbed for a guy who really messed up on 2 conny dismantles! Said would be a easy day! Took 3 crack of dawn to evening days to get them down to make it worse we were on a really rough estate so had to watch the kit and all the so and sos all at home watching us every minute he sure hasnt made a mistake like that again!

Went out to a 40ft ish conifer hedge of about 30 trees today coming down by 15ft but topped before at about 12ft. Was worried on Sunday and on the way about having under priced it got there and did 3/4 of it today whilst allowing 21/2 a pleasant surprise :-)