Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

3 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It show's the limitations, may have been ok for an ornamental cherry or sorbus but not enough for a gum tree

Sorry, I didn't explain myself, they have been trying on their latest ventures; I think that euc was put in in the days before forethought.

Edited by Mark J
  • Thanks 1

cold here now and finally wind dropped after storm last night - devastation on a truly unreal scale.  huge areas  in scotland minus power 28 hrs on or more and damage is just unreal

spent hrs with boss today cutting open estate roads to allow emergency crews in if needed to residents, weeks and weeks of work making tidy/safe and thats ignoring the new motorway sized hole through a plantation of sitka

more timber than we can possibly ever use just in stuff we have to clear, suspect we still be clearing trees next december if out of way a bit they get ignored for now.    

Please let the weather improve i hope

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

cold here now and finally wind dropped after storm last night - devastation on a truly unreal scale.  huge areas  in scotland minus power 28 hrs on or more and damage is just unreal

spent hrs with boss today cutting open estate roads to allow emergency crews in if needed to residents, weeks and weeks of work making tidy/safe and thats ignoring the new motorway sized hole through a plantation of sitka

more timber than we can possibly ever use just in stuff we have to clear, suspect we still be clearing trees next december if out of way a bit they get ignored for now.    

Please let the weather improve i hope

Aye it was mental on Friday night, got a call from a mate who had gone to pick his kids up and now was surrounded by fallen trees, went to start the tractor and I'd left the controls for the crane on last weekend milling so the battery was flat... by the time I had got close to him after clearing god knows how many it was 1am , I was tripping Sitka off the road back in too the stump holes and trying to pull the tops back off the road with redirects with the 4x4... at this point more Sitka where falling behind me and in front as I was cutting ,then my head torch ran out so had to pull the truck closer in the path of more falling trees, he had sent me a message saying they where out of the way of falling trees but the mobile networks where down so could not contact him to check all was good , way to dangerous to go on foot , I think the wind speed would of been 100mph plus on top of the moor... had to turn back and try and find another route , all blocked with more Sitka and huge ancient sycamore and ash... had to return home to the rage of everyone who was annoyed id left in the first place and feeling totally dejected I'd left a man behind with his kids in the car...
Tractor started first thing after a battery charge and out we went , I recon there was 1k plus Sitka down on the drive alone ,cut the neighbours out of there farm ... then spent the rest of the day checking sites , still a load more to check today but it's absolute devastation , I've yet to see a spruce plantation that's not been hammered and loads of beautiful ancient trees that have seen a fair few storms shattered in bits.
God knows what's gonna happen on Monday when folk return to work on all the sites we survey and the damage there..
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, peatff said:

No wind here today but it's snowing again, about 2" in the last hour looks like a Christmas card out there.

Wind has dropped off here in West Sussex but there is going to be some minusness tonight . In fact tomorrow , the weather girl said , it will be much warmer in the north than the south and that 🙂

• Like 1