Was he right???

skyhuck

I used to agree with you on reproduction.

I now believe that if I can bring my children up to be a force for good thing they'll be worth the risk. I admire your stance though.

I fully agree with you on the train issue, just can't be bothered to keep putting the same argument up over and over again.:biggrin:

Keep fighting the corner of reason:thumbup1: you're doing well.

My partner and I are maybe considering fostering/adoption a little further down the line. I guess if the kids are already here then I should try and poison a few young minds with mindless liberalism :001_rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner and I are maybe considering fostering/adoption a little further down the line. I guess if the kids are already here then I should try and poison a few young minds with mindless liberalism :001_rolleyes::lol:

Felix mate, I know you well enought to say you will make a top Dad!:001_smile:

As for liberalism,the kids will eventualy teach you to dump those inclinations!:biggrin:

Felix mate, I know you well enought to say you will make a top Dad!:001_smile:

As for liberalism,the kids will eventualy teach you to dump those inclinations!:biggrin:

I don't know you very will mate, but I think you are an awesome ' big man'

and would be well proud to call you my old man if I was a kid :)

Or maybe 4 years younger ha ha

To be honest, I chose not to have kids because I think this world is so crap that I wouldn't want to inflict it on others. I think violence is far worse than swearing, certainly. Nobody ever got put in hospital by being sworn at but check out any weekend A&E for the results of random acts of morons who feel the need to use somebody else as a punchbag. Your comment about a 'bigger boy' is revealing. I'd hope that most people have left playground behaviour behind and deal with matters in a more adult and reasonable manner than resorting to force. :001_smile:

This is very nieve, words are very powerful, have never heard that "the pen is mightier than the sword".

Every day many peoples lives are made miserable to the point of suicide by the words of others.

Imagine a world where people just said what ever they wanted, with no thought for those around them?

Scrotbags are to some exstent afraid of the reaction of other people around them, they temper their speech accordingly, because they know there is a chance that there is a "big man" listening and could take them to task.

If we reach a situation where people feel that they can just say what ever they want without any consequences other than waiting for the police, we would have a truly sad world.

I think if this goes to court, the average jury would find him justified in his actions, they may not be able to find him not guilty (instruction from judge) but I feel sure they will give him the absolute minimum sanction available.

This is very nieve, words are very powerful, have never heard that "the pen is mightier than the sword".

Every day many peoples lives are made miserable to the point of suicide by the words of others.

Imagine a world where people just said what ever they wanted, with no thought for those around them?

Scrotbags are to some exstent afraid of the reaction of other people around them, they temper their speech accordingly, because they know there is a chance that there is a "big man" listening and could take them to task.

If we reach a situation where people feel that they can just say what ever they want without any consequences other than waiting for the police, we would have a truly sad world.

I think if this goes to court, the average jury would find him justified in his actions, they may not be able to find him not guilty (instruction from judge) but I feel sure they will give him the absolute minimum sanction available.

Dave, you are talking about situations usually arisen from sustained campaigns of hatred, not isolated instances of ned behaviour. Granted, there will always be individuals whose mental make-up leaves them vulnerable to self-harm or worse but I would hazard a guess that more people are hurt by the deliberate actions of others than their own.

While I whole-heartedy support the right to freedom of speech, I do agree that this must be tempered to consider others, as I believe many things must be tempered to consider others. Out of interest, how do you feel it would be best to strike such a balance?

Finally, in respect of the jury giving the minimum sanction possible, their role is solely to decide the guilt or innocence of the accused. Responsibility for sentencing lies solely with the presiding judge. There have, of course, been so-called perverse decisions by juries who decide to disregard the actual legalities of the case for natural law, the most notable case being that of a father who shot the driver who had killed his child in an 'accident' and then proceeded to mock the family to the point of desecrating the grave ( case name escapes me for the moment but I suspect it may be R v Smith), but such cases are a rarity ( possibly unfortunately :wink:). :001_smile: