Was he right???

skyhuck

Just out of curiosity...this stance of non vigilantism.....supposing you were witnessing someone getting mugged would the same still apply?

Good point, Steve. I believe it depends on how one has been brought up and how one defines right from wrong. I personally would have come to the aid of someone in distress and have, but than again I am the local President of the "big guy" club here in Florida:thumbup1:. Just doing my part to help deal with so many "victims" on this side of the pond.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre kind couldn't have summed it up any better.:001_smile:

Was thinking about this the other day.

If it was an old dear who hit him with her hand bag and shoed him off the train she would have got a standing ovation, no doubt whatsoever.

If I'm disagreeing with your views on unlawfully inflicted violence, I'll gladly be 'my kind' every day of the week :biggrin: By the way, do you mean shoed or shooed? :001_smile:

Was the kid who was ready willing and more than able to give the ticket conductor a VICTIM!:lol:, Are you kidding me?. would it had been better if the

" big guy" was the conductor and removed the kid with the help of the older gent helping him do his job?. The "big guy" IMHO was lending a hand and solving a problem that was not going to be resolved on it's own. I for one am over the Victim Mentality that has acted a a Pox upon society for far to long!

easy-lift guy

Yes, I believe he was a victim in that he was subject to unlawful violence from somebody acting completely without jurisdiction.

So what was 'big man's' jurisdiction to allow him to ignore the law? I do,of course, mean legal and not personal morals :001_smile:

His jurisdiction was being in the right place at the right time. Felix, here is a what if. Supposed during the altercation the conductor suffered a heart attack or perhaps a stroke due to the verbal abused being dished out by the 'victim".

Who would be the responsible party than, the "victim" or the one person who stopped the madness in it's tracks, I bet the 'big guy" even new first aid as well. The only other persons who had a pair were the folks that assisted the "big guy" detrain the "victim". I hope you never get taken advantage of in your life time, I suspect there will be no "big guy" to assist you from a legal or moral standpoint.

easy-lift guy

His jurisdiction was being in the right place at the right time. Felix, here is a what if. Supposed during the altercation the conductor suffered a heart attack or perhaps a stroke due to the verbal abused being dished out by the 'victim".

Who would be the responsible party than, the "victim" or the one person who stopped the madness in it's tracks, I bet the 'big guy" even new first aid as well. The only other persons who had a pair were the folks that assisted the "big guy" detrain the "victim". I hope you never get taken advantage of in your life time, I suspect there will be no "big guy" to assist you from a legal or moral standpoint.

easy-lift guy

I make the big guy look small. Difference between us is, I don't feel the need to throw my weight around like he did. If the conductor had suffered a heart attack or stroke, I would be most likely to blame genetics, diet or a combination of both. I didn't see anybody 'stop the madness in its tracks', only escalate it. As regards the big guy knowing first aid, I'm sure that will be a great comfort to the next person he feels the need to beat up. :001_smile: