Was he right???

skyhuck

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to apologize that is an additional sign of weakness, IMHO. You have stated earlier on that you have led a sheltered life and that has been of your own making I am sure. Some folks are willing to help defuse a situation and stand up for what they believe is right, still others are willing to do nothing or blame someone or something else for what has happened or not happened. I believe you would choose the latter only because it suits your comfort level.

Nothing personal since that's what I believe. FYI the reference about crawling out from under a rock in a cave relates to having lead a sheltered life.

easy-lift guy

I apologise only for your lack of clarity, politeness being a weakness of mine but you seem only concerned with your strengths. My sheltered up-bringing is partially of my own making definitely, in that I do not actively seek trouble by throwing my weight around. It would be very easy to turn this thread into a peeing contest with tales of daring-do on all our parts, I'm sure, but the times I have needed to use force on another human being are not moments I care to either revel in or brag about. I feel no need to justify my actions to you or anybody else outside the circle of those I care about. In my opinion, the situation was escalated by the actions of 'big man', not defused. The ticket inspector should have contacted the next station and had the abusive youth removed by the proper authority.

FYI, the reference to rocks and caves is easy to misconstrue as an insult. Just one of the dangers of being separated by a common language :001_smile:

If I'm disagreeing with your views on unlawfully inflicted violence, I'll gladly be 'my kind' every day of the week :biggrin: By the way, do you mean shoed or shooed?

your right but I will take this opportunity to change it to 'boot up the arse' :thumbup:

There are too many people these days that need a boot up the arse or a good swift kick in bollocks!:thumbup1:

From reading most of the for and against posts I have came to the conclusion that the main difference is that the against think he was throwing his weight about and bullying/picking on the teenager the ticket. The for don't think this and think his was/is the case.

I totally agree that anyone truly using their size or strength be that physically or mentally should not be tolerated at all and deserve everything that the law can throw at them.:thumbdown:

But, I don't see that happening here at all, it's not like he just started picking on the teenager for no reason and decided he would just throw him off the train for the craick!

If the teenager was injured it wasn't because some guy had thrown him off the train it's because he tried to dodge a train fare then thought he would give lip and cause a lot of nuisance to many people.

Well that's the way I see it, if you behave like an arse don't expect to be treated fairly.

I apologise only for your lack of clarity, politeness being a weakness of mine but you seem only concerned with your strengths. My sheltered up-bringing is partially of my own making definitely, in that I do not actively seek trouble by throwing my weight around. It would be very easy to turn this thread into a peeing contest with tales of daring-do on all our parts, I'm sure, but the times I have needed to use force on another human being are not moments I care to either revel in or brag about. I feel no need to justify my actions to you or anybody else outside the circle of those I care about. In my opinion, the situation was escalated by the actions of 'big man', not defused. The ticket inspector should have contacted the next station and had the abusive youth removed by the proper authority.

FYI, the reference to rocks and caves is easy to misconstrue as an insult. Just one of the dangers of being separated by a common language :001_smile:

Thanks, you made my point better than I thought you would.

easy-lift guy

nothing wrong at all with what the big fella did - by natural law. If some of these scrotes had the threat of people gripping them they wouldn't behave unreasonably in public as they do

. However...in the eyes of the law...it was assault. Sadly, the only thing wrong with this whole episode is some idiot filming the episode and posting it on the internet. The days of a swift slap to restore order seem to have gone...because of technology and political correctness...its a great time to break the law, abuse people and generally be a disrespectful little oink...you CAN get away with it!

nothing wrong at all with what the big fella did - by natural law. If some of these scrotes had the threat of people gripping them they wouldn't behave unreasonably in public as they do

. However...in the eyes of the law...it was assault. Sadly, the only thing wrong with this whole episode is some idiot filming the episode and posting it on the internet. The days of a swift slap to restore order seem to have gone...because of technology and political correctness...its a great time to break the law, abuse people and generally be a disrespectful little oink...you CAN get away with it!

Don't you bloody start! :001_tt2::lol: