Was he right???

skyhuck

Felix, Len Brennan summed it up about 10 pages ago mate.

'Evil prospers when good men do nothing'

Felix, has the devil got tentacles around your t*sticles? Id have a quick look now.

If the big bloke had got some others to stand up with him and ask the chav to leave it would have been better, as it was he just proved he's one of those kinda people up who are for a scrap, and thinks he has the right to manhandle someone smaller. It could have got nasty, all as a consequence of his actions.

There is only one answer to this and that is it should be sorted out by the cops with no risk to the public. Its where we are in law and you open a can of worms if you decide you can do its job, and thats what this guy has done. You can argue the old problem with this county guff till you are blue in the face.

Right whats 'a book at bedtime' tonight?

You've lost me here, I'm afraid. Firstly,I don't believe in the Devil any more than I do any other religious entity and secondly, you seem to be agreeing with what I said but confusing my point. Sorry if I am being dense :001_smile:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I chose not to have kids because I think this world is so crap that I wouldn't want to inflict it on others. I think violence is far worse than swearing, certainly. Nobody ever got put in hospital by being sworn at but check out any weekend A&E for the results of random acts of morons who feel the need to use somebody else as a punchbag. Your comment about a 'bigger boy' is revealing. I'd hope that most people have left playground behaviour behind and deal with matters in a more adult and reasonable manner than resorting to force. :001_smile:

Its the law of the streets bruv, dya get me brav.. Force.. Hmmm Do you think that the gentlemans fellow students thought that when they took on the police in the student riots. For the record old chap not had a fight since was twelve, promised my mum that i wouldnt fight again when i went to secondary school.

A coward dies a thousand times, Line from a film. Ive diffused many violent situations, but deep down you wish you would have dealt with at their level.

To be fair, if the old boy had had a heart attack from the aggresive situation he found himself in, would that constitute being put in A & E through being sworn at.

To be honest, I chose not to have kids because I think this world is so crap that I wouldn't want to inflict it on others. I think violence is far worse than swearing, certainly. Nobody ever got put in hospital by being sworn at but check out any weekend A&E for the results of random acts of morons who feel the need to use somebody else as a punchbag. Your comment about a 'bigger boy' is revealing. I'd hope that most people have left playground behaviour behind and deal with matters in a more adult and reasonable manner than resorting to force. :001_smile:

Talking dealing with things in an adult manner, if we all had your view on life as the worlds so bad to brings kids into it.

I think you will find that's an ultra negative view and simply not true. With your defensive stance you have took over this situation only adds to your so called crap world.

Life is brilliant and it's what you make it, I love my 2 girls and would love another 4 kids.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

You've lost me here, I'm afraid. Firstly,I don't believe in the Devil any more than I do any other religious entity and secondly, you seem to be agreeing with what I said but confusing my point. Sorry if I am being dense :001_smile:

I dont know, you have been saying rather a lot!!!!!!!!! i was typing slowly whilst distracted and a couple of pages happened without me, but i expect id agree with you mostly.

IM JUST SAYING NO HE WASNT and now im going to bed. Get some rest guys - you need to be at your sharpest to read the mail tomorrow:001_tt2:

Its the law of the streets bruv, dya get me brav.. Force.. Hmmm Do you think that the gentlemans fellow students thought that when they took on the police in the student riots. For the record old chap not had a fight since was twelve, promised my mum that i wouldnt fight again when i went to secondary school.

A coward dies a thousand times, Line from a film. Ive diffused many violent situations, but deep down you wish you would have dealt with at their level.

To be fair, if the old boy had had a heart attack from the aggresive situation he found himself in, would that constitute being put in A & E through being sworn at.

If you believe that run of the mill students were behind the student riots, better brace yourself for some disappointment about Santa Claus.:001_smile:

Not sure why you comment upon cowardice. I wouldn't class myself as VC material, certainly, but I would hope I would react as I have done in the past and tried to defuse any situation without resorting to violence. Far from wishing I had sunk to that level, I would be ashamed of myself if I had.

As to the heart attack, I would leave that decision to the jury but I will say this; by arguing with the fare-dodger beyond a certain point, the conductor did no more than worsen the situation. He should have realised that the fare dodger wasn't going to move, that he himself was unable to remove him and that he should proceed as already mentioned several times. :001_smile:

All good banter, enjoyed that chat, ultimately, antagonistic responses aside, in the country we live in now, the manner in which they went about it may land them in trouble.

Lessons will be learnt, and no doubt heads will roll. i just hope that the compensation culture does not get fueled.

Ovaltine and jack d for me, nite john boy!!!

Edited by jaime bray

Talking dealing with things in an adult manner, if we all had your view on life as the worlds so bad to brings kids into it.

I think you will find that's an ultra negative view and simply not true. With your defensive stance you have took over this situation only adds to your so called crap world.

Life is brilliant and it's what you make it, I love my 2 girls and would love another 4 kids.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

It's my view and my DNA :001_smile:

I don't see how arguing against violence adds to the general crapiness of mankind's behaviour when that violence itself is one of the things I believe contributes to that crappiness? :confused1:

I'm happy for you and your children. I have nephews that bring me great pleasure too. I just choose not to have any of my own. :001_smile:

If you believe that run of the mill students were behind the student riots, better brace yourself for some disappointment about Santa Claus.:001_smile:

Not sure why you comment upon cowardice. I wouldn't class myself as VC material, certainly, but I would hope I would react as I have done in the past and tried to defuse any situation without resorting to violence. Far from wishing I had sunk to that level, I would be ashamed of myself if I had.

As to the heart attack, I would leave that decision to the jury but I will say this; by arguing with the fare-dodger beyond a certain point, the conductor did no more than worsen the situation. He should have realised that the fare dodger wasn't going to move, that he himself was unable to remove him and that he should proceed as already mentioned several times. :001_smile:

Coward comment was not aimed you, was aimed at the people who wouldnt get involved; in what ever form, and just sit /stand and watch a situation demise

It's my view and my DNA :001_smile:

I don't see how arguing against violence adds to the general crapiness of mankind's behaviour when that violence itself is one of the things I believe contributes to that crappiness? :confused1:

I'm happy for you and your children. I have nephews that bring me great pleasure too. I just choose not to have any of my own.

I used to agree with you on reproduction.

I now believe that if I can bring my children up to be a force for good thing they'll be worth the risk. I admire your stance though.

I fully agree with you on the train issue, just can't be bothered to keep putting the same argument up over and over again.:biggrin:

Keep fighting the corner of reason:thumbup1: you're doing well.

P.P.S I know that the student riots were fueled by other forms of demonstrators, the sort that do not pay for train tickets, lol.

Shall we change this to the "opinions on the actions of others" thread