Paying somebody in cash

Donnie

18 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The language thing is an argument I’ve heard before, but I don’t see it.

Are you really going to risk your life (and that of your wife and kids) go into debt or give your life savings to gangsters to get on an inflatable to cross the channel just because you don’t want to lean French?

You seem to be having a good few Woodrow Wyatt moments lately 🤔

Edited by Johnsond

12 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

It’s gone modern, our middle kid ran a pub on London Rd, Stoke. The vape shop opposite was cash only, as well as, “anything for the weekend, sir). When it got turned over there was £200k of smack and a grow going upstairs.

The people in Meir and Normacot must have genetically modified hair that grows fast, what with all the barber shops they appear to need🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Laws and immigration policies are in this case 2 separate points. I’ll repeat that if the police, Hmrc and other agencies did the job they are supposed to do then things might be a bit better. We have all seen what happens when the police can not tackle issues for fear of the racism card being played in the likes of Rotherham and Blackpool etc etc. As an aside my eldest daughter whom was born in Finland and has a Finnish passport but lived here all her life was returning from SA only a week ago with some of her veterinary students and was grilled about her settled status, she’s white with a strong Northumbrian accent so not exactly a prime suspect. 

But if she has lived in the UK all her life ,why not get a UK passport?

Bloody foreigners all want it their own way.

54 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

But if she has lived in the UK all her life ,why not get a UK passport?

Bloody foreigners all want it their own way.

Why should she 🤷‍♂️pre brexit no issue and post brexit permanently settled status. Admittedly one of her brothers has done the uk passport thing but still keeps his Finnish one too , having completed his National service over there he’s entitled to that for life. 

16 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The language thing is an argument I’ve heard before, but I don’t see it.

Are you really going to risk your life (and that of your wife and kids) go into debt or give your life savings to gangsters to get on an inflatable to cross the channel just because you don’t want to lean French?

What Wife and Kids? Open your eyes.

• Like 2

On 14/07/2023 at 20:23, Mike Hill said:

UK immigration law is not piss weak. My Grand Father flew a Hurricane in the battle of Britain and me, his Grandson a New Zealander gets the 9th degree each time I visit the UK....

That is because you are white..

• Like 2

I'm not quite sure what immigration or xenophobia have got to do with paying somebody in cash but since this derail has started already.

I don't think the problems have got much to do with skin colour at all, more just another now dysfunctional system. It recently took us over an hour to get through border control, and that was at BHX, a relatively small regional small airport, at 2 o'clock in the morning. It used to take 20 minutes at most.

32 minutes ago, pie eater pete said:

Had a couple of blokes start for me doing odd days here and there and they both insisted on being paid in cash. PITA far as im concerned..

Do they sign a receipt or invoice you though?

The thing is it is the employer who will be visited by HMRC to pay back tax and NI contributions if they are not kosher self employed and paying their contributions.

• Like 3