Paying somebody in cash

Donnie

Cash less car parking is my particular favourite. Who wants to piss around on their phone downloading some or other App, (that might then take 5 minutes to set up), rather than just putting a quid or two in the machine and then going on about their business? Not me for one.

It's the elderly that I feel sorry for in such situations. Many don't own a Smart Phone, let alone understand what an App is or how to download one.

Progress eh?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

That’s been a well known fact for years, our weak as piss laws and immigration policies combined with a gentle touch policing approach have led to this just being the norm in many areas. Again if Hmrc did their job along with other agencies it would be easily sorted. 

UK immigration law is not piss weak. My Grand Father flew a Hurricane in the battle of Britain and me, his Grandson a New Zealander gets the 9th degree each time I visit the UK....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

UK immigration law is not piss weak. My Grand Father flew a Hurricane in the battle of Britain and me, his Grandson a New Zealander gets the 9th degree each time I visit the UK....

Immigration is the least of our fucking worries mate. Let's hold up a mirror first before we start blaming the foreigners. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

Laws and immigration policies are in this case 2 separate points. I’ll repeat that if the police, Hmrc and other agencies did the job they are supposed to do then things might be a bit better. We have all seen what happens when the police can not tackle issues for fear of the racism card being played in the likes of Rotherham and Blackpool etc etc. As an aside my eldest daughter whom was born in Finland and has a Finnish passport but lived here all her life was returning from SA only a week ago with some of her veterinary students and was grilled about her settled status, she’s white with a strong Northumbrian accent so not exactly a prime suspect. 

2 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

Immigration is the least of our ****************ing worries mate. Let's hold up a mirror first before we start blaming the foreigners. 

And who exactly should be looking in this mirror !!. I’d say the current numbers crossing the channel illegally are a significant concern for a number of reasons. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

And who exactly should be looking in this mirror !!. I’d say the current numbers crossing the channel illegally are a significant concern for a number of reasons. 

The born n bred here scum that walk the streets of our cities, I went to Stoke city centre yesterday, it’s full of them, off their f’ing heads. Those you speak of are here illegally because this government has made it that way, ‘they’ can only claim asylum once they arrive here but to do so ‘they’ have to break the law. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

The born n bred here scum that walk the streets of our cities, I went to Stoke city centre yesterday, it’s full of them, off their f’ing heads. Those you speak of are here illegally because this government has made it that way, ‘they’ can only claim asylum once they arrive here but to do so ‘they’ have to break the law. 

That’s a topic all on it’s own but the blatantly obvious elephant in the bloody room that blows all the political side of your argument out the water is why are they crossing from a safe country then. Are they not passing through multiple countries they could claim asylum in if they really were that desperate !! then cross the channel 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️so it’s the governments fault they are illegally crossing from France “ a safe country “ . As for the locals scum off their heads as you refer to them  🤷‍♂️enforce current laws, lose the softly softly touch with these people. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That’s a topic all on it’s own but the elephant in the bloody room is why are they crossing from a safe country then. Are they not passing through multiple countries they could claim asylum in !! then cross the channel 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️so it’s the governments fault they are illegally crossing from France “ a safe country “ 

Language barrier? Most second language is English, please tell me that you don’t think ‘they’ are financially better off here because of our benefits system, if you do you’ve been sold a pup.

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Good luck to them I say, why should the bank take a fee for every single card transaction, tax avoidance 🤷‍♂️is theirs and Hmrcs business. What  is far worse is when they won’t take cash, the new Aberdeen exhibition centre for example is totally cashless for all the gigs there 😡 Burger King during the covid farce we’re another bunch who refused to take legal tender. Absolutely outrageous quite frankly, there should be legislation in place to stop such behaviour. 

The card provider is charging that to arrange the transaction, not gonna do it for free are they? I think its fair for the convenience of having a card to access your money. I'd happily pay more not to have the hassle of going to a cash machine then having the change rattling around in the glove box .

7 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I’d actively avoid a supermarket that only takes cards/chèques, but not before I’d informed them why.

The freedom to spend your money, where and on what you want without third parties monitoring and recording the information must not be given away.

Ok fair enough cashless is a bit extreme, but tbh I'm not that fussed if geeks at Visas h/o find out I'm having my hair cut every 4 weeks, and a doner meat and chips on a friday night.