Where would we be without Arbtalk?

Mull

I'd claim long-serving bonus!

Been here since 2008 I think. I've met probably 30 members and 'know' 10 or so at approximate guesses.  I've earned jobs through the site, I've done work for others thanks to it, I've gained many tons of free firewood through it, I've been able to point others in the right direction because of it.

I'm hugely grateful and feel morally guilty that it's all free.  If Steve Bullman was valued by means of the financial benefits to the site's members he'd be the next Mark Zuckerberg.

Life's tough Steve 😧

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'd echo what's been said already. Was a lurker here for years before I joined up, learned so much from reading, got to meet new people and some opportunities to travel for work in different areas I wouldn't have had without Arbtalk.

Although I rarely drink and haven't been to a pub for 20yrs this place embodies that for me. You can drop in whenever it suits and there's interesting people doing interesting things or having interesting discussion.

A very knowledgeable and helpful bunch, a good few comedians too, and all in all even when things get heated it remains fairly good natured.

I'd urge any lurkers reading this to join up and find their voice.

Edit. Also good for personal relationships as the other half is very grateful that I talk about work here now, and no longer bother her with pictures of "that bloody tractor picking up a bit of wood, again".

Edited by Doug Tait
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

I discovered I was a dick in under a week and once I’d got all the Ego out in black and white on a screen, threw a tantrum and got humbled by the good nature of the veteran member I’d insulted and the patience of Steve Bullman giving me a 2nd chance I discovered I could make myself a better person by listening to others.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

I discovered I was a dick in under a week and once I’d got all the Ego out in black and white on a screen, threw a tantrum and got humbled by the good nature of the veteran member I’d insulted and the patience of Steve Bullman giving me a 2nd chance I discovered I could make myself a better person by listening to others.  

Honest post Stephen . A big up to you . Unfortunately I am still a dicksplash 🙂

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, pleasant said:

Financialy better off.......giving free repair advice doesn't pay too well. 😅

Well, I started a business on the back of it and what I found was...you told a fella what was wrong and it was like..." I see your lips moving, I sort of understand you are telling me what is wrong but I don't know what the f%&ck you are telling me.....if I send it to/bring it to you, can you fix it?" and that got me going:thumbup:

• Like 6