Energy Bills

roboted

Energy Bills  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Come October what will your Energy ( Gas, Oil & Electric ) payments, ignoring government subsidies, be as a % of your net income

• 0-5%
    • 6-10%
    • 11-15%
    • 16-20%
    • 21% and above.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/22 at 08:08

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

How on earth do you spend so much on Electricity? I'm also on Oil but only use that this time of year first thing in the morning then its over to logs. 

Our Old Farmhouse is 200 square meters of living space and we use £150 a month and it seems like the Dishwasher, Washing machine and Tumble Dryer are never off. 

I don’t know tbh - likewise with our dishwasher/washing machine/tumble dryer, they are never off.

I often wonder if next door are plugged into us too!…..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Just had our lowest ever electric bill for this time of year (£67)

Same as mine and we live in a big old farm house.

I am staggered at what some people say their electric bills are and wonder how they manage to spend so much. I understand if there's a house full of kids but still seems extravagant.

My house is warm often too hot), my missus is in full control of heating and you must know what cold blooded creatures they generally are.

I am slowly training her to cook on the log fired oven instead of electric. Why she thinks a wood fired oven at 200°C is not as hot as an electric oven at 185°C defies explanation.

Last night she was almost in tears as she had "ruined" an apple crumble in the wood fired oven. Turned out to be delicious and probably the best she had ever made.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peasgood said:

Last night she was almost in tears as she had "ruined" an apple crumble in the wood fired oven. Turned out to be delicious and probably the best she had ever made.

@Peasgood I hope you were careful to provide her with the compliments the crumble deserved .  
Some well considered feedback can achieve spectacular results.  Case in point:

A woman is looking at herself in a mirror.

‟Arthur, look at me. I am old and looking wrinkly” she observes to her husband, “My teeth look terrible… I'm getting fat, and I can see I’m starting to sag all over the place”.

Seeing his disinterested gaze, she exclaims “I could really use a compliment right now.  Would it kill you to say something positive about me?”

Arthur considers her warily and replies ‟Your eyes are still working well .”

Edited by Bolt
Names changed to protect the innocent.
  • Haha 6

I am staggered at what some people say their electric bills are and wonder how they manage to spend so much. I understand if there's a house full of kids but still seems extravagant.

My house is warm often too hot), my missus is in full control of heating and you must know what cold blooded creatures they generally are.

I am slowly training her to cook on the log fired oven instead of electric. Why she thinks a wood fired oven at 200°C is not as hot as an electric oven at 185°C defies explanation.

What wood fired oven do you have?  Ive got the Esse Ironheart and love it. Since I do all the cooking when Im home its not really an issue for the missus til Im away but she's more than happy to use it. We do have an induction Hob for when the Oven is not up to temp but its barely used. 

• Like 1

Mrs CC is finding that the oven in our solid fuel cooker actually does the same job reading about 20 degrees less.

150-160 in it seems about right for most things that would be needing 180 odd in an electric oven.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

What wood fired oven do you have? 

Mine is a La Nordica Thermo Suprema.

Had a slightly bigger one in my old house and loved it, this was bought for my new place.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I hope you were careful to provide her with the compliments the crumble deserved .

The proof of the pudding....

Tonight's treat was pork and apple casserole and was also very nice.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...