Electric chainsaw

renewablejohn

30 minutes ago, peds said:

You haven't got a link to a guide for that process, I suppose?

Yeah, here's the part numbers as they appear on the receipt,  I stuck with the 14" bar so not to push my luck, didn't see the need for longer anyway.

Sprocket,    1250 642 1201   3/8P 6T for MSA200

Chain           3616 000 0050 PS3 picco super chain 1.3mm / 0.050" 1.3P

Bar               3005 000 4809  Chainsaw bar 14"  Suits MS210 14" & MS 230 14"

I had the dealer going round in circles for a bit but they came through although it's a curious little chain which they told me was off one of the polesaws , It's 3/8 alright but needs sharpened with a 5/32" file ... I've not tried a normal full chiz on it but there's probably no need.    £76 inc is what they charged me, cheers.

22 minutes ago, Commando said:

Any reviews on the Makita DUC305Z? Looking at a 12” battery option (emoji15.png) and already running Makita tools.
VMT Craig

Not a bad saw. Never tried anything else so there might be better out there but if you already have batteries then it’s cheap as chips. Use ours for fencing, quick small garden take-downs and indoors. Handy to have. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

Did 2 cube of dry oak branches today with a charge in between. Very impressed, but picco chain is awful to sharpen ! Files bent in the handle ! 

Picco chain is very forgiving. If you have to put that much pressure on maybe the file is goosed. 

The file just bent at the junction with the wooden handle, i bought the Stihl file plate guide and hold both ends when i file, and it still bent,  just finding picco a bit of a pain. Don't think this wee saw would be so good with a bigger chain, so i guess i'll just have to soldier on and get a magnifying glass on a stand so I can see to do it free hand as i don't love the guide.

The up side is its so easy to wipe it down and keep it clean after work. I'm quite OCD about clean sharp tools !!