Electric chainsaw

renewablejohn

Depends how much you want to lay out but I’ve had one of the Titan electric saws from Screwfix and other than the oiler being a bit over-frugal I’m happy with the amount of work it gets through.

And they’ve got a tenner off at the moment, so less than £40 including bar and chain.

36 minutes ago, djbobbins said:

Depends how much you want to lay out but I’ve had one of the Titan electric saws from Screwfix and other than the oiler being a bit over-frugal I’m happy with the amount of work it gets through.

They do the job ok.I have one if neighbours are out in the summer so avoids the noise and grief off the mrs

I’ve access to mains electricity so don’t need a battery saw, need a decent corded saw, any advice ?
I've used two - homebase cheap one which melted around the motor quite quickly, and a Bosch one my dad bought years ago and still uses occasionally for his own cutting. It's a good saw for what it is, and being able to saw firewood in the garage out of the wind and rain and dark is also a great feature. So I would say don't go too cheap or it might melt, but I've not used the Stihl or Husky machines to compare.

I don't know what the battery life will be on these new generation saws, I know that of the battery drills I've had over the years it's been batteries dying that meant I got a new drill.

I won't mind too much on my climbing saws as they will have earned their money by then, but for a domestic user it seems just extra cost to have to replace the batteries for no real benefit if you are using it on a saw horse.

2 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

I might change the habit of a lifetime and get the little stihl corded saw. Need something to do branches on a sawhorse at the house.

What diameter are the branches, have you looked at circular saws?