Electric chainsaw

renewablejohn

6 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

Yeah bit more versatility with the battery saw, I can use it for snedding and other jobs, will be more useful in the long run, I’ll just have to get over the cost of the batteries and charger ! 

I think you made the best choice. Leave the toytown Titans where they belong. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Silverhooker said:

Yeah I tried cheapo and decent corded saws and battery’s, makes a big difference if you try before you buy. Local guy gave a good discount too and he’s a decent bloke too !

Like I said, my Brother has the Makita 36v, the unit itself was cheap as chips as he already has all the batteries and chargers for his daily job. He was a little skeptical at first but loves it. The fuel and Oil saved will pay for itself within a year, essentially a free saw. 

Id like the Stihl version, maybe one day but as they say, you cant beat the smell of two stroke in the morning. :D 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stere said:

What size Kw motor in msa120 versus the msa220 i wonder?

Trying to find as out as big price difference.

I have a MS160T and more recently a MSA220. The 220 really is excellent, a lot more cutting ability than the 160T. I have felled a 9-10. inch Ash with it, you just have to feed it through patiently, rather than push it in like with the MS261 or bigger. Mainly bought the MSA220 for our early morning starts in residential areas, but we all love it and it is excellent for a quick cut into something too big for the chipper, saves using a petrol saw that isn't going to reach operating temperature on intermittent use.

• Like 3