Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If I understand it correctly the slate will be wiped clean if we have another general election.

brilliant isn't it? Commit fraud then have another General election and all is cool again. No questions asked.

Seems legit.

It's worrying that they're not even hiding their corruption anymore.

The EU negotiations are due to take another two years. If we never had a General Election now it would mean Theresa finalising the EU deal and fighting a General Election at the same time. I'd imagine that would be difficult... what would happen if we had a new Government when the EU deal was nearly finalised?

Go on Theresa! Increase that Tory majority and show Jeremy who's the boss!

Theresa May can come up with any excuse she wants but this vid will give away the real reason why she's called an early election..

random Vesp, mental even. Probably the first time in internet history Jesus Christ Superstar has been used in a political discussion.

Now skip to 1.00 in this one, press play and watch SNP voters addressing Nicola Sturgeon -

[ame=

]
[/ame]

random Vesp, mental even. Probably the first time in internet history Jesus Christ Superstar has been used in a political discussion.

Now skip to 1.00 in this one, press play and watch SNP voters addressing Nicola Sturgeon -

LOL, don't you think its an apt analogy.. we've just passed through Easter/the equinox.. the equinox is a time of new beginnings. Theresa May wants a new start.. what better time to announce an election than on the equinox.. though I will admit the equinox passed some days back, but Easter is a celebration of the equinox in all but name...

I was only ruminating on this the other day and was wondering if we might indeed have a spring election, but I have to admit, she had me convinced she'd go for a 2020 election. even though I knew it didn't make sense..

I'd like to think that by some miracle, the lib dems might pull off a surprising election victory of sorts by harvesting a good percent of the remain voters.

By victory I mean they get above one hundred MP's.. enough to force a coalition government..

But I don't imagine its likely..

Then theres the fact we voted to leave, as much as it pains me, thats the result and we have to stand by that come what may...

Basically we're knackered, even if Trump wants to do a deal, he's been hamstrung himself by his own party. they're doing everything they can to make sure he can't pass any legislation.

We have a Prime Minister tasked with carrying out the wishes of the mob, and a US President who got elected because of Brexit and both leaders find themselves in a hole.. you couldn't make it up.

Fwiw, (very little of course) I don't blame her for not participating in a televised debate.

I think they've become a sideshow, distracting from the real issues. The participants just trying to score points or catch the others out.

It's all part of the media age where the politicians are encouraged to act like contestants on Masterchef or The Voice, so we can find "a winner"

Plus, as she says, she debates with Jeremy Corbyn every week at PMQs.

The Tories are miles ahead in the polls so she's everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I wouldn't say that May is very good at debating at all, she just avoids answering the questions, same as so many other non-answer MP's.

It's very irritating to watch.

I think ITV have already mentioned having an empty chair.... maybe they should pop a £1000 handbag on it.

Cheers, steve

Fwiw, (very little of course) I don't blame her for not participating in a televised debate.

I think they've become a sideshow, distracting from the real issues. The participants just trying to score points or catch the others out.

It's all part of the media age where the politicians are encouraged to act like contestants on Masterchef or The Voice, so we can find "a winner"

Plus, as she says, she debates with Jeremy Corbyn every week at PMQs.

The Tories are miles ahead in the polls so she's everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Totally agree!