Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If Theresa May wins the next election, well, more like when she wins the next election..

The one plus I can see is it will crown her the leader in her own right. She will at least have legitimacy in the eyes of the public..

This will give her the power to hire and fire who she likes, and not be subject to factions in her own party wanting one of theirs in the cabinet.. brexiteers beware..

The two MP's who might be having sleepless nights over the next few weeks are Boris Johnson and Liam Fox.. Fox, because he's a lunatic without a brain, and Boris because he's moron with one...

Take note of Johnson in the coming campaign, see if he comes across as half hearted..

You wont see much of Liam, he's a liability and no one can stand the sight of him..

Boris on the other hand will be playing the part of the clown being led to the scaffold...

Breaking: Religion of peace strikes again... :001_rolleyes:

I don't think anyone seriously regards it as a religion of peace anymore.

"By their fruit you shall know them"

Timon

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose"

I don't think any of the major religions have anything to do with peace. Certainly doesn't look like it to me. Trump launching airstrikes in the name of Christian views. Muslims murdering is and Judaism lending itself to bulldozing Palestinian children in their homes.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't think any of the major religions have anything to do with peace. Certainly doesn't look like it to me. Trump launching airstrikes in the name of Christian views. Muslims murdering is and Judaism lending itself to bulldozing Palestinian children in their homes.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Arbtalk mobile app

So you think that the US should stand and watch as Assad (along with a complicit Russia and Iran) use outlawed chemical weapons to slaughter his own people?

Would you have said the same thing about Churchill when he undertook similar actions last century?

Timon

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose"

I'm not suggesting that. I'm just suggesting that Killing in the name of whatever god you support, doesn't seem to be a very spiritual thing to do.

I totally agree with you on that score. However I do think that sometimes the "spiritual" thing to do is to stand and fight evil when it is necessary. Singing "cum by yah" round the camp fire is great at its appropriate time.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer is a good example of a Christian who stood and fought for what was right.

Timon

I still don't get how killing people can ever be a spiritual thing to do. Mediation rather than retalliation is the message religious establishments present to us. Killing in the name of religion desecrates the sanctity of that religion.

I still don't get how killing people can ever be a spiritual thing to do. Mediation rather than retalliation is the message religious establishments present to us. Killing in the name of religion desecrates the sanctity of that religion.

Standing by and doing nothing while evil unfolds around you can hardly be the right thing to do.

Bonhoeffer understood this principle when he took on the nazis'. History records that he was a great man, of great spirituality and integrity.

Timon