Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Give over.

You've almost lost it mr j, be careful my friend.

url]

[quote name=High Scale.

"...its an easy distraction that the simple minded fall for everytime because it suits their preconceived prejudice..".[/quote]

Top of the morning and Easter blessings Mr E & Mr M 🐰🐣🐥🌼

Maybe's worth me expanding a touché on the meaning of that rather rushed post!

I was not proffering my personal support for Tories (they haven't had my vote, locally or nationally, for many years (in no small part due to badger cull and Ag policy - but that's for another thread which I need to get back to!)) but rather seeking to highlight the ambiguity of the final statement of the quoted post - "simple minded / preconceived prejudice" and the irony of making such a statement whilst (apparently) simultaneously suffering from the very same "simple minded preconceived prejudice!"

If it's not Brexit it's Tories "cuts" that seem to be to blame for all woes....

What is the alternative? Corbyn's Labour and writing cheques the country can't cash???

Massive subject, but how do folks reconcile Corbyn's current status on deterrent replacement (even at odds with his PLP) with the very worrying developments in N Korea?? (Genuinely too big an issue for short posts here....😒)

I'm wondering how many knocks Corbyn's credibility can take before he's ousted....

Anyway, Easter blessings to all, time for a new beginning wether it be Pagan, Christian, Cornish Wizard, or any of the others.....

The problem with encouraging the highly educated immigrants is it causes a brain-drain in their country of origin, giving rise to a low IQ population, low economy, high birth rate, poverty and extremism. Then the low IQ extremists are invited into our countries, make **** of the streets, thus discouraging the native population from having children because young couples see no future for their offspring. Let's all just stay on our own turf. Seriously.

Ok, I know thats not going to happen.

But when people complain about there not being enough doctors/whatevers so that we have to import them - well, why aren't there enough? Why are our western education systems not producing enough skilled people? Or is the demand for doctors too high? Are we actually a weak and lazy population who won't take our long term heath seriously? Maybe if the general population was more intelligent, we would self-treat more of our common ailments and not be rushing off to the doctor at the first sniffle, thus cutting down the need for more doctors.

Maybe if we were more patriotic, less of us would feel entitled to abuse the NHS system. We might have more pride, and assume more social responsibility. Doesn't it all come down to the "quality" of the general population in the end? A population who are disciplined, intelligent, moral and physically fit, don't need the same level of state-guaranteed pensions, medical treatment, welfare and so on as a weaker population.

Why aren't the schools producing quality graduates? Why aren't parents raising mentally tough people? We, in the west are in a malaise - Im asking where did it come from?

Much to agree with here 👍🏻

Douglas Murray's latest book, I've already pre-ordered it, know a few switched on folk here will be interested.

]

Better get an order in 👍🏻

Its easy to blame immigration, but its not immigrants that are destroying the NHS its not immigration thats making the school my sons go to cut teachers jobs because they dont have the funding for them.

Are you seriously saying that migration doesn't put a strain on public services?

We've all been to hospital waiting rooms and seen the number of migrants waiting for treatment. We all know someone that has kids in a school where 15 different languages are spoken.

Blame the immigrants, its an easy distraction that the simple minded fall for everytime because it suits their preconceived prejudice.

"Simple minded"? We have net immigration of 300,000 a year. Only someone "simple minded" would think that amount of immigration doesn't put pressure on the NHS and schools.

What gets me with immigration is that most public services are getting cut back. Yet then magically we have billions of pounds available to look after migrants...

The main job of politicians is to look after their electorate. However many of them seem to prefer looking after migrants rather than Brits...

Top of the morning and Easter blessings Mr E & Mr M [emoji195][emoji214][emoji213][emoji272]

Maybe's worth me expanding a touché on the meaning of that rather rushed post!

I was not proffering my personal support for Tories (they haven't had my vote, locally or nationally, for many years (in no small part due to badger cull and Ag policy - but that's for another thread which I need to get back to!)) but rather seeking to highlight the ambiguity of the final statement of the quoted post - "simple minded / preconceived prejudice" and the irony of making such a statement whilst (apparently) simultaneously suffering from the very same "simple minded preconceived prejudice!"

If it's not Brexit it's Tories "cuts" that seem to be to blame for all woes....

What is the alternative? Corbyn's Labour and writing cheques the country can't cash???

Massive subject, but how do folks reconcile Corbyn's current status on deterrent replacement (even at odds with his PLP) with the very worrying developments in N Korea?? (Genuinely too big an issue for short posts here....[emoji19])

I'm wondering how many knocks Corbyn's credibility can take before he's ousted....

Anyway, Easter blessings to all, time for a new beginning wether it be Pagan, Christian, Cornish Wizard, or any of the others.....

Resurrection blessings to you too MrJ.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Timon

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose"

Or cultivate your gains.....

Timon

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose"

Don't think you need to "give up" something you "cannot keep"?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Why is Jeremy Corbyn a bad idea. I tend to agree with what he says. Could you enlighten me?

Jeremy is a left wing lunatic that would mess up the country if he ever got into power. Luckily Labour seem content to be in permanent opposition and they're unlikely to form a Government for decades.

Austerity's a chioce.

? If the Government aren't raising enough in tax that have to make cutbacks. Austerity isn't really a choice. It's a bit like your boss cuts your hours at work and you have to cancel the Sky telly and takeaway meals.