Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

We never actually found out if we're going to run out of oil :(

Anyway, i'm going to do the sensible thing and stockpile a few dozen glass bottles of petrol in my house.

We still need your rank, name, number, dob, where you live and the last 3 security numbers on your debit card! 😂

We never actually found out if we're going to run out of oil :(

Anyway, i'm going to do the sensible thing and stockpile a few dozen glass bottles of petrol in my house.

We will, but not in our lifetimes or even our children's.

The boom days are over though, at least for the foreseeable future. Oil Companies will be much more cautious and no longer throw money around like before. Gone are the days where we could hop on a flight to the US, Malaysia, Australia etc for a course when we could just as easily do it in our home country. We've also lost a lot of perks like free use of Cabins in Norway etc.

I think in the next few years Crude Oil will go up in price to around $75 a barrel, if/when that happens and there's no dead cat bounce we'll start to see serious global investment again.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The point isn't will we run out of oil, its what happens after we reach a peak in world oil production, or when it becomes apparent that no amount of investment will increase production to meet demand..

In a nutshell, the expert opinion seems to be that that peak will be reached by 2040.. by then will have reached peak demand/peak oil..

The skeptics think it will reach a peak long before that..

My concern isn't the amount of oil that might be left after we reach peak oil, but how peak oil, when it becomes evident affects the markets.. Those markets affects our jobs, it affects how people behave...

That tree Mrs Miggins wanted choping down will have to wait when she has other pressing concerns..