Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Fair play to them. £60k is not that much these days people are just so used to ever diminishing wages and settle for less.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Not sure we're gonna be on the same page there Andy.

It's a train, not a space shuttle!

How do you think the "sympathy barometer" will score when considered against public and other private sector pay rise comparisons?

Then there's the commuter chaos that will inevitably ensue.

£60k is over twice the average UK salary...

Not their problem though is it? One generation ago most families had a sole breadwinner. Now maybe their families can do that and provide a nice home environment for their families. Instead of moaning about them earning more why not ask why others earn so little?

Not sure we're gonna be on the same page there Andy.

It's a train, not a space shuttle!

How do you think the "sympathy barometer" will score when considered against public and other private sector pay rise comparisons?

Then there's the commuter chaos that will inevitably ensue.

Then go drive a Train. I could not give two sheets about sympathy. It's not s race to the bottom you know. £60k is not that much when you PAYE. I'd struggle on that to be honest.

Not their problem though is it? One generation ago most families had a sole breadwinner. Now maybe their families can do that and provide a nice home environment for their families. Instead of moaning about them earning more why not ask why others earn so little?

I'd imagine most guys on this site earn significantly less than £30k a year. How do you think you come across when you say £60k a year is "not that much"?

You might earn lots of money, however you don't come across as a likeable person....

I'd imagine most guys on this site earn significantly less than £30k a year. How do you think you come across when you say £60k a year is "not that much"?

You might earn lots of money, however you don't come across as a likeable person....

But I'll assume most are self employed and that's why I qualified it with PAYE. £30k goes way further when self employed and there's plenty ways to dodge tax.

I earn OK money but have to make a lot of family sacrifices, it's swings and roundabouts really. We are all free to make the choices we do and if Train Drivers fight for their wages and maintain a nice family life who am I to try and stop them? More power to them I say.

Then go drive a Train. I could not give two sheets about sympathy. It's not s race to the bottom you know. £60k is not that much when you PAYE. I'd struggle on that to be honest.

Easy tiger, don't personalise it!

I'm not suggesting for 1 minute than I envy them or want their job, no way I'd work a 4 day week, it'd interfere with my leisurely lifestyle 😁

And 60k certainly wouldn't tempt me out of my sedatory life style.

What I would say though, is that's too much for sitting on your Harris 4 days a week!

Easy tiger, don't personalise it!

I'm not suggesting for 1 minute than I envy them or want their job, no way I'd work a 4 day week, it'd interfere with my leisurely lifestyle [emoji16]

And 60k certainly wouldn't tempt me out of my sedatory life style.

What I would say though, is that's too much for sitting on your Harris 4 days a week!

Sorry Kevin, did not mean to personalise it. I meant people in general. :) I lack tact, especially on-line. :D

I could not do such a mundane job with that many people to be responsible for day in day out for £60k. I'd go mental.

Sorry Kevin, did not mean to personalise it. I meant people in general. :) I lack tact, especially on-line. :D

I could not do such a mundane job with that many people to be responsible for day in day out for £60k. I'd go mental.

That alright mate, I have a deficiency in the tact quadrant of the brain also!!

👍🏻