Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

tbh, you seem more concerned about someone making a profit than the quality of service the NHS provides.

We all know that the "service" the NHS provides is sometimes poor... A guy that I worked with needs two hip replacements as he can barely walk. The NHS has told him it's a 6 month wait... if privatising the NHS reduces waiting times maybe it's a good idea...

Can he afford to pay for his hip replacements?

Cause thats what private health care will be without the NHS

The leader of the Labour Party who was predicted to only last 6 months (alongside the onslaught of relentless bashing from the media) is appearing on TV in the leaders debate tonight - whilst our strong & stable Prime Minister, isn't.

Cheers, Steve

Some of the Labour policies are pretty interesting, this LVT thingy sounds good.

If, rates are paid on the value of your property, it'll have an effect on the housing market..

Those who own their houses will have a good reason to talk values down, thus reducing the cost of housing over time..

Thats a winning idea if your asking me..

As much as we all like to complain about fuel duty, at least its a fair tax, those who drive can always reduce their tax by driving less, or not at all..

I used to love a drive out to Wales, don't bother no more as I don't like the cost of the drive out.. maybe I should get an electric car?...

Bricks and mortar will always increase in value over the long term anything to help inflation rise to keep the debt repayments low .....

If you think you as a home owner can value your own asset to be taxed on your wrong, a third party will value it and to get more tax it will only go up in value I'm afraid maybe just maybe house prices will go up quicker than now to raise more tax.

If your on the ladder already your lucky in the sense prices are relative if your house goes up in value so does the one you want to buy next so it sort of cancels itself out.

tbh, you seem more concerned about someone making a profit than the quality of service the NHS provides.

We all know that the "service" the NHS provides is sometimes poor... A guy that I worked with needs two hip replacements as he can barely walk. The NHS has told him it's a 6 month wait... if privatising the NHS reduces waiting times maybe it's a good idea...

Do you know how much a hip replacement costs?

Theresa May applies for the same job as Jeremy Corbyn, this was her job interview:

Interviewer: So, what skills do you think you could bring to the role?

Applicant: Listen, I've seen the other person waiting outside, and he looks a right state. I mean, *sniggers*, seriously?

Interviewer: Don't worry about him, It's you I'm interested in talking about.

Applicant: I heard he used to hang around with some really dodgy people, I wouldn't employ him, he's filth.

Interviewer: Let's just focus on you shall we? What would you say your strengths are?

Applicant: My strengths..eh..well I'm strong.

Interviewer: Being strong is your strength?

Applicant: Yes, and stable.

Interviewer: I see. Looking at your application I notice that there is quite a bit of crossing out. You seem to change your mind about things a lot?

Applicant: That bloke outside looks rubbish.

Interviewer: Please, it would really help if you concentrated on your own application. Now, there are a lot of facets to this job, requiring a lot of different skills. Are you quite sure you would be up to the tasks involved, and able to lead your team with confidence?

Applicant: I heard a lot of the people in the last place he worked, didn't like him.

Interviewer: OK, I think I have asked all I want to. Is there anything you'd like to ask me?

Applicant: Yes, who would you rather wake up and find out you'd employed, me or that bloke outside?

Interviewer: Ok, thank you for coming. We'll be in touch

Applicant: He killed a puppy

Interviewer: OK, thank you. Bye.

Do you know how much a hip replacement costs?

No, but I know who the coolest guy in hospital is. It's the ultra sound guy.

When the utlra sound guy is away on holiday, who is the coolest guy in hospital? It's the hip replacement guy.

But Mark, you want Saint Jeremy to increase taxes so that he can support public services?

If you really cared about public services you'd already be donating money to them voluntarily.

I think your problem is that you care enough to come on here and tell everyone what an awesome person you are, but you don't care enough to actually put your hand in your pocket.

You're just a pound shop Tory.

I enjoyed arbtalk before you turned up. Fed up with reading nonsense like this now. If things dont improve ill have to find something else to do.

Can he afford to pay for his hip replacements?

Cause thats what private health care will be without the NHS

tbh,

I think a privatised health care service is where different companies compete to provide healthcare to the Government. So my colleague would still get his hips replaced from taxpayers money.

Maybe for relatively routine operations, like hips, it makes sense for the operations to be undertaken in cheaper countries like East Europe.