Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

The land value tax will pay for a lot of labours policies but it will cream us normal folk, the rich will sell and move on along with their businesses to avoid LVT on their homes and businesses and they'll move abroad to avoid 50% tax which will affect jobs as the work will go with their businesses. Unemployment will go up.

People on benefits will have their benefits increased to cover LVT and low to middle earners on no benefits will get creamed to cover increase in benefits and loss of revenue from businesses moving.

LVT will not affect online businesses but our high streets, restaurants etc will also get hammered.

Any of you guys wanting to buy/rent yards etc I would possibly wait to see how it all unfolds.

I just can't see how labour are looking after the working man anymore?

As usual, the rightwing media are banging on about the LVT. For most unless we have massive grounds, we'll pay similar or less.

"Based on the proposals set forward in Labour’s preferred proposal document, the value of your property would have no bearing whatsoever on the amount of land value tax you pay. The amount would be calculated solely on the value of the unimproved land. (see below)

Land Value Tax Regardless

Extract from page 2 – http://www.labourland.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/JonesWilcoxLVTpaperFinal-V2.pdf

In essence, what this means is that the tax bills for any ordinary homeowner would decrease substantially from the amount of council tax you currently pay. The land value tax is based on the value of the land you own, regardless of any structure built upon it.

It’s hard to put an estimate on it, but for the purpose of this calculation we will hypothesise that an average unimproved plot is worth half the amount when disregarding the property built upon it. This is a pretty basic monetary assumption, and the plot of land by itself would almost certainly be worth less than half the value of the property.

However, if we do use this basis for the calculation, someone owning a home worth £250,000 would pay just £1062.50 in Land Value Tax per year – almost certainly a substantial decrease on their current council tax bill."

You really are a moron the working man already contributes to public services now unless mark is a secret millionaire why should he donate again? He may have a family to look after like most of us and other financial commitments.

But that's the whole point. If people want vastly improved public services it means taxes go up for the "working man"....

I was also pointing out the hypocrisy of people wanting taxes to be raised if they are not voluntarily giving to the NHS etc.

But that's the whole point. If people want vastly improved public services it means taxes go up for the "working man"....

I was also pointing out the hypocrisy of people wanting taxes to be raised if they are not voluntarily giving to the NHS etc.

What about re-nationalisation of railways? I thought you wanted to take our country back? You really do make two short planks look like a computer.

Edited by Mark J

Worth a watch if you're interested in The Conservative plans for NHS assets.

[ame]

[/ame]

The Naylor Report: The Tory asset-stripping of ALL NHS assets.

The Tories plan for the NHS: The "Naylor Report" outlines the accelerated selling off of ALL NHS land, buildings and assets on a two for one basis. The Tories claim they want to protect the NHS. They don’t – they fully intend to flog it off and to add insult to injury they plan to use £10 billion of our money to cover the cost of the fire-sale.

Been interesting following the polls of late, Labour seem to be closing on the Conservatives..

Pound has been buffeted according to one headline because Corbyn's closing in..LOL.

There also seems to be some dismay about the trustworthiness of some of the polls.. Well let me give you my interpretation..

This was always going to be the mother of all tactical elections, The polls represent a countrywide sample, thats not gonna cut it if people vote tactically.. each marginal constituency has to be targeted if the pollsters want to get a grip on the election result...

two and half million new voters registered, I expect them to be younger voters.. maybe Corbynista's.. hahahah, love it if Labour managed to reduce the Tory majority..

Well maybe I wouldn't love it, I have my cards on Teresa May knifing the brexiteeers if her majority allows, its all going tits up though. Damn it?????...

Been interesting following the polls of late, Labour seem to be closing on the Conservatives..

Pound has been buffeted according to one headline because Corbyn's closing in..LOL.

There also seems to be some dismay about the trustworthiness of some of the polls.. Well let me give you my interpretation..

This was always going to be the mother of all tactical elections, The polls represent a countrywide sample, thats not gonna cut it if people vote tactically.. each marginal constituency has to be targeted if the pollsters want to get a grip on the election result...

two and half million new voters registered, I expect them to be younger voters.. maybe Corbynista's.. hahahah, love it if Labour managed to reduce the Tory majority..

Well maybe I wouldn't love it, I have my cards on Teresa May knifing the brexiteeers if her majority allows, its all going tits up though. Damn it?????...

When the election was called, Corbyn was 25/1. Now Corbyn is 13/2. It would help if May showed up for a debate.

As usual, the rightwing media are banging on about the LVT. For most unless we have massive grounds, we'll pay similar or less.

"Based on the proposals set forward in Labour’s preferred proposal document, the value of your property would have no bearing whatsoever on the amount of land value tax you pay. The amount would be calculated solely on the value of the unimproved land. (see below)

Land Value Tax Regardless

Extract from page 2 – http://www.labourland.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/JonesWilcoxLVTpaperFinal-V2.pdf

In essence, what this means is that the tax bills for any ordinary homeowner would decrease substantially from the amount of council tax you currently pay. The land value tax is based on the value of the land you own, regardless of any structure built upon it.

It’s hard to put an estimate on it, but for the purpose of this calculation we will hypothesise that an average unimproved plot is worth half the amount when disregarding the property built upon it. This is a pretty basic monetary assumption, and the plot of land by itself would almost certainly be worth less than half the value of the property.

However, if we do use this basis for the calculation, someone owning a home worth £250,000 would pay just £1062.50 in Land Value Tax per year – almost certainly a substantial decrease on their current council tax bill."

Mark, Ive come to find a sort of respect for the conviction you show, but for the love of God man, don't take the word of Chairman Mao and his commie oppo's as a basis for argument! Look further afield than the Labour manifesto before you hitch your pony to that wagon!

One of the scenarios labour are looking at for situations where LVT is less than council tax is to tax said properties on that years house value. Labour are using LVT to pay for their outlandish policies to think we will be better off for the change is being naive.

It was labour who raised fuel duty to record highs to again hit the masses of normal people.

Look further afield than the Labour manifesto before you hitch your pony to that wagon!

Land Value Tax has some potential merit but it's far from straight forward:

https://economics.stackexchange.com/questions/3086/does-land-value-tax-create-an-incentive-to-merge-land-ownerships

It does have some potential merit. It's not something that really concerns me a huge amount. NHS, schools, elderly concern me. Having a PM who can't rock up to a debate because she hasn't had a chance to learn the answers yet concerns me.

It does have some potential merit. It's not something that really concerns me a huge amount. NHS, schools, elderly concern me. Having a PM who can't rock up to a debate because she hasn't had a chance to learn the answers yet concerns me.

Everyone (with just the merest hint of intelligence) should be asking them self, and Chairman Mao, how the hell he plans to pay for all his grand schemes. The answers are starting to reveal themselves. Every home / land owner should make them selves aware of the implications of this before getting anywhere near considering a vote for Chairman Mao.

Maybe those that think it doesn't affect them because they don't own a house think it's a good idea?

But here's just a few examples off the top of my head, all of these pay business rates - schools, car parks, public toilets. How do you'all think a hike in LVT will affect those.

Wake up! Have you never heard the phrase "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is?"

Remember the sign off last time?

"Sorry, there's no money left!"

Christ, it's like having a conversation with a child or a maniac!

The PM doesn't do TV debates because they only really appeal to X Factor / Jeremy Kyle retards - there's nothing more to it!