Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

The tories have also given hundreds of billions away in benefits...

IMHO, it's about time benefits were cut more for the work shy...

And just how much of those hundreds of billions do you think are wasted on the as you say work shy..?

Even the tories over generous estimate is 9%,the rest is down to people who are genuine.

The chart it basically showing how much we're borrowing as a percentage of income. Every year we borrow more than we earn so the debt increases, so yeah it may well have tripled as none has been paid off. Until we earn more than we borrow and start making payments it can only increase. Borrowing more like labour wants would see us much further in debt

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I've just found this one

[http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html[/url]

That looks like it's just over doubled since 2009.

Why do labour still think spending ever more money will bring it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'm amazed nobody has picked up on the fact their council tax and business rates could potentially double or treble under the proposed land value tax which could replace council tax/business rates. I would have thought it would have been jumped on on here given it will affect us all as soon as it's introduced ...............

Britain's ballooning national debt rose by £250million a day last year

Read more: Britain's national debt poised to hit £1.7trillion | This is Money

By March last year it had risen by £555Billion under the tories.

The UK national debt has risen by £555 billion since 2010 under George Osborne | The Independent

It's not been tripled then has it?

I think it's accepted that it is going to have to rise in the short term. The tories won't say what they'll spend it on. Labour have done. By investing it in public services etc as per their manifesto, the intention is to create a more prosperous society which generates more than it spends.

I believe the thinking is that if you spend more you'll earn more, but now they also want to tax anyone doing well and companies more so that will stifle private investment in businesses as what's the point if the government is just going to take more of the profits... May as well go elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Heres how the tories deal with so called benefit scroungers

Atos Boss earns £44k a WEEK while Disabled Fight to Keep Just £131 | Scriptonite Daily

By giving atos boss a 280 grand pay rise while the genuinly sick have to go endless interviews to get 130 quid

Disgusting...

You rely think the government gave him a pay rise? Or was it the company he works for?