Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

14 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Firemen? 

They get paid for getting their fat crackers down, then get paid for playing 5 a side during the day, then go home for a kip before cracking on with the second job fully refreshed after a few watches of doing SFA at tax payers expense. Probably be out on strike soon too so that some poor squaddie has to do their job with WWII equipment and an afternoon training. 

I don’t Know about your area but most fire and rescue staff in Suffolk are retained, I worked with two on the water authority. Both worked full time and responded to shouts if they were available. 

On 17/12/2022 at 17:56, GarethM said:

Thing is tho, I like JRM.

Mostly because he's an unapologetic conservative, an actual conservative not a focus group media groomed faker.

That and he obviously doesn't do it for the money, which in my mind makes it more old fashioned and doing it to hopefully do some good.

Ha... of course he does it for the money, it's his party's policies and the political agenda he promotes that allows him keep his  financial affairs offshore. 

• Like 1

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Critics have described a NHS 'non-job' in the Midlands attracting a £115,000 per year salary as a...

Possibly relevant in many ways what with the nurses/ambulance crews current demands for pay rises etc ! Is more and more money and staff the answer 🤷‍♂️.  There’s more than the Mail running with this but regardless of that can anyone genuinely explain to me what this ( yet another 6figure managers position in the nhs)job actually entails ??. 
Thught I’d Google “lived experience “ WTF 😳 🤷‍♂️

88C89C1D-79BD-43D8-A22B-A54ECC7F1169.png

Edited by Johnsond

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Critics have described a NHS 'non-job' in the Midlands attracting a £115,000 per year salary as a...

There’s more than the Mail running with this but regardless of that can anyone genuinely explain to me what this ( yet another 6figure managers position in the nhs)job actually entails ??. 
Thught I’d Google “lived experience “ WTF 😳 🤷‍♂️

88C89C1D-79BD-43D8-A22B-A54ECC7F1169.png

Facebook, for some unknowable reason, pipes me jobs advertised by the Guardian. They are, without exception, utter bullshit. Transformative change facilitation etc. You have to liaise with stakeholders a lot.

The jobs may seem primarily like harmless, disconnected bureaucratic nonsense to enrage the irascible, until one of the ten nurses that these dreg positions preclude could have been employed serving a loved one who has no real alternative. Then the evil suddenly seems more real.

• Like 5

APPLE.NEWS

Children as young as 15 will be able start legally changing their gender without parental permission...

Absolute ****************ing insanity. Of all the things that a parliamentary majority could be used for to improve people’s lives this is not it. Undermining  the traditional family unit slowly but surely, a slow process we have witnessed for years now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did my best 'Hale and Pace' impression last night as a bouncer for the local High School 'Snowball'.

Judging by the appearance of many of the 'young adults' they shouldn't be able to to dress themselves at 15/16, let alone decide that they wish to change their gender FFS.  Had an interesting discussion with some of the teachers and another parent about the issue - we were all of a similar view that, in many if not the majority of cases, it is often a cry for attention and/or help.  Removing the requirement for medical support in the decision making process is hardly a positive step either (IMHO)

• Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 21:44, AHPP said:

Facebook, for some unknowable reason, pipes me jobs advertised by the Guardian. They are, without exception, utter bullshit. Transformative change facilitation etc. You have to liaise with stakeholders a lot.

The jobs may seem primarily like harmless, disconnected bureaucratic nonsense to enrage the irascible, until one of the ten nurses that these dreg positions preclude could have been employed serving a loved one who has no real alternative. Then the evil suddenly seems more real.

JOBS.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Support the Chief Executive / DASS on the delivery of system wide strategic goals...

This isn’t even a particularly bad one. I can nearly tell what the job is. 
Anybody capable of getting this kind of job should be shot. Nobody is simultaneously dim enough to not see the harm and clever enough to work the mouse to apply. 

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

JOBS.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Support the Chief Executive / DASS on the delivery of system wide strategic goals...

This isn’t even a particularly bad one. I can nearly tell what the job is. 
Anybody capable of getting this kind of job should be shot. Nobody is simultaneously dim enough to not see the harm and clever enough to work the mouse to apply. 

And they couldn’t even bother getting the ad proof read to find the typos - pathetic effort 😂

Did anyone see the Ukraine president in America to meet their president?

I liked his outfit, that's the same as what I look like if I ever have to dress smartly. Jumper, cargo trousers, and a clean set of boots :drunk:

• Like 1