Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

How did I know it would be countered with a tories are worse comment. I totally agree that all of them including the current government are hugely self centred,!wasteful and given the opportunity ( which the last two years lunacy and cries for protection certainly did) greedy who  will-line their pockets at the first opportunity, although with the odd notable exception I will admit. I’ve said this on innumerable occasions, the difference is I don’t hold up my favoured opposition on a holier than thou pedestal. £400k for the incidental field £480k for the house 🤔not a sniff off a million 🤷‍♂️Not bad at all. He’s got about as much in common with the average working man as JRM in reality. So I’ll refrain from wobbling my head for now. 

Of course it was going to be countered with the tories, you’ve posted a link about the wrongdoing of the Labour leader for gawds sake. And to be fair how many politicians from any party have anything in common with the working man?

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Of course it was going to be countered with the tories, you’ve posted a link about the wrongdoing of the Labour leader for gawds sake. And to be fair how many politicians from any party have anything in common with the working man?

So based upon that rationale every time I see a drip about the Tories i therefore should counter with one about Labour 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️regardless of wether it’s factually correct or not eggs !!!!

Head and shake time maybe 🤔
The answer to the last question not many and even those weren’t afraid of the benefits the position bestowed, Skinner and Campbell come to mind. 

Thing is tho, I like JRM.

Mostly because he's an unapologetic conservative, an actual conservative not a focus group media groomed faker.

That and he obviously doesn't do it for the money, which in my mind makes it more old fashioned and doing it to hopefully do some good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

That’s life eggs, johnsond still thinks the Tory’s are doing him favours, or at least they are the best to do him so! It’s a strange country 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GarethM said:

Thing is tho, I like JRM.

Mostly because he's an unapologetic conservative, an actual conservative not a focus group media groomed faker.

That and he obviously doesn't do it for the money, which in my mind makes it more old fashioned and doing it to hopefully do some good.

People that are unapologetic are usually pricks.

• Like 1

But you know where they stand and what they stand for!. As most of them aren't blue, red, green, yellow but just a obfuscated grey hue of what issue is popular at that particular moment.

Maybe you could pick a outstanding example of trust and honesty?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mull said:

That’s life eggs, johnsond still thinks the Tory’s are doing him favours, or at least they are the best to do him so! It’s a strange country 

Another member on here whom seems to think they have the ability to read people’s thoughts 😳****************ing incredible. 
Read the post in it’s entirety not just the part that gives you the opening to make a pissed up wisecrack. Where am I from originally  Mull ?? Lynemouth in Northumberland, a once thriving mining community that was devastated after the thatcher era mine closures. I’m well aware what tories can do as well as Labour. Ill tell you what Mull they are a lot more likely to do anyone a favour than the SNP, that’s the tax up again eh 🤷‍♂️Apparently we  now have an even more progressive taxation system  than the last progressive taxation system 🤔 that must be SNP talk for we are gonna pull your pants down even more unless of course your on benefits then you get a 10% rise to match inflation.

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2