Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Torture them we couldn't do that it's not fair.........

Sarcasm hopefully detected.

:laugh1: Did I say torture? I meant ask them in a stern manner what they know about future attacks etc, not to stern mind, don't want to upset them

:laugh1: Did I say torture? I meant ask them in a stern manner what they know about future attacks etc, not to stern mind, don't want to upset them

If they do get a bit flustered we could always give them a 10 minute break and a cup of tea to calm themselves.

If they do get a bit flustered we could always give them a 10 minute break and a cup of tea to calm themselves.

Maybe a couple of weeks in the sun would calm their nerves after all the intrusive questions by the nasty police would help?

Maybe a couple of weeks in the sun would calm their nerves after all the intrusive questions by the nasty police would help?

Maybe we could give them a free holiday and whilst they are there cancel their passports.

Missed her. Did see one bloke who was in the area who was on about how we should all hug a stranger today. Can't quite get my head around that one. Families​ have been devistated and people are wounded in hospitals, not sure how hugging strangers will make them feel better or stop anyone with similar ideas on killing in the future

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

:001_rolleyes::lol:

I'm an easy target on PAYE so I don't get to take much home!:thumbdown:

I even give 40% of my Army pension away so that others may have a comfortable existence. :sneaky2:

SG:biggrin:

Is this factually correct?, or do you pay 40% because your earnings plus Army pension push you over the threshold?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our future Prime Minister and his hangers on fawning over the economic basketcase that is Hugo Chavez's Venezuela.

Be afraid, be very afraid, these people want to run (or should that be ruin) our country?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Venezuela now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/03/venezuela-crisis-protests-nicolas-maduro-caracas

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by scotspine1

Ideally they would get them alive, torture them and get information, but they could of and usually do have suicide belts.

I completely get that we need to take all measures to combat these attacks in the UK, but looking at it long term and globally, is there any way we can stop these things happening other than by teaching them that their holy books (their motivation) are bad ideas.

Finding and killing/incarcerating the perpetrators each time, closing our borders, is only solving a very small part of the problem.

The issue here is global bad ideas. In my mind the only sustainable remedy is to replace them with good ideas.

The teachings of Allah, specifically the concepts of Jihad and Martyrdom, need to be consigned to history along with the teachings of the 1000's of other Gods that humanity has invented and subsequently ditched over the millenia.

All the holy books contain good ideas and bad ideas. It is important to point out that it is our human brains and our capacity to reason that we use to pick the wheat from the chaff in these texts. Most Christians have had the good sense to defy much of the brutal commands of Yahweh.

If religious thinking is to stay with humanity (as looks likely), we at the very least need to get fundamental muslims to reconsider (think reasonably) about some of their beliefs. The only people who have any chance better than minus one of achieving this are other muslims who have already been through this process.

Their chances are admittedly probably not much greater than zero, but what other options have we got? We need to big these people up, and no doubt provide them with serious security!

What I can say for sure is that American presidents proudly proclaiming 'God Bless America' as they bomb the c**p out of the Middle East won't help our intellectual cause one bit. It's not the bombing I object to per se, but the implicit suggestion of divine authority. You can no doubt see the problem here.