Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

You are aware that the Dalai Lama has said there are too many refugees coming into Europe? especially Germany.

"Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country," in an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. "Germany is Germany. There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult."

"From a moral point of view, too, I think that the refugees should only be admitted temporarily," the Dalai Lama said.

"When we look into the face of every single refugee, especially the children and women, we can feel their suffering," he said. "The goal should be that they return and help rebuild their countries."

Some people might listen to a leader of a world religion on the subject rather than a treework forum.....

Dalai Lama says there are 'too many refugees in Europe' | The Independent

Then we agree on that. I also think that he has that right when you read it in its entirity. Don't make any assumptions that I am pro-Muslim or pro-uncontrolled immigration, nor that I want a border lock-down. I am pro- decent, caring people and anti-murderous, oppressive bastards. Both types come in all shapes, colours and religions. :001_smile:

Totally get your point. However, (I do study, and teach basic Christian theology though so I have a fair idea what I'm talking about)

Abu Bakar Al Bagdadi is a leader of a (growing) world religion too.

I'd prefer to listen to/debate people on this forum than him to be honest!

[emoji846]

Timon.

I think it's probably safe to say that so does the Dalai Lama. Ti, I understand that you have a strong Christian faith and I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anybody else peacefully following any other religion. Religion, while not my thing, no doubt provides comfort and guidance to many people in their lives. I have always seen it as an historical way of controlling the masses, now superceded by the media, but that is just my view and I wouldn't expect everybody to agree. The problem lies where it is perverted by people with their own sick purposes and that has happened in religions other than Islam. It is up to the religious communities to bring any extremism to the releveant authorities and hope they act on it. Provoking division can only be counterproductive. :001_smile:

I think it's probably safe to say that so does the Dalai Lama. Ti, I understand that you have a strong Christian faith and I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anybody else peacefully following any other religion. Religion, while not my thing, no doubt provides comfort and guidance to many people in their lives. I have always seen it as an historical way of controlling the masses, now superceded by the media, but that is just my view and I wouldn't expect everybody to agree. The problem lies where it is perverted by people with their own sick purposes and that has happened in religions other than Islam. It is up to the religious communities to bring any extremism to the releveant authorities and hope they act on it. Provoking division can only be counterproductive. :001_smile:

Well said Mr Chopper..:congrats:

I'm with you on that Felix. The main thrust of my position in this debate though, is that I don't believe that Islam, right at its heart, is a peaceful ideology.

Before we can find a realistic solution to this problem we need our politicians to ask the hard questions. Just saying that most Muslims are peaceful, while true in most cases, doesn't address the root of the problem.

Until we ask the hard questions, all we will be doing is papering over the cracks.

[emoji846]

Timon.

Corbyn calls for May's resignation over cuts to the police she made during her tenure as Home Secretary.

Jeremy Corbyn calls for Theresa May to resign as Prime Minister for presiding over police cuts while Home Secretary | The Independent

The police were onsite within 8 minutes. Not bad in my opinion. What does Corbyn want? Police on every street, in every town, 24 hours a day.

Perhaps The shadow home secretary could come up with some figures as to how much this would cost?????

The police were onsite within 8 minutes. Not bad in my opinion. What does Corbyn want? Police on every street, in every town, 24 hours a day.

Perhaps The shadow home secretary could come up with some figures as to how much this would cost?????

Yeah he wants to borrow enough money to employ the whole population and privatise everything. Of course the poilce will have to give up their guns and in a situation with terrorists be issued with a flask of tea and a slice of battenburg and have a jolly nice chinwag with them. That'll solve it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I'm with you on that Felix. The main thrust of my position in this debate though, is that I don't believe that Islam, right at its heart, is a peaceful ideology.

Before we can find a realistic solution to this problem we need our politicians to ask the hard questions. Just saying that most Muslims are peaceful, while true in most cases, doesn't address the root of the problem.

Until we ask the hard questions, all we will be doing is papering over the cracks.

[emoji846]

Timon.

Yes!!!:thumbup:

How about not cutting police numbers back so far, and against informed advice, that extremists who are so well advertised that they have been on a Channel 4 documentary are left unwatched? Reaction is all well and good but it doesn't bring back any of the victims of these arseholes. As for Diane Abbott, when the Conservatives don't make similar slip ups it might be a valid point. :001_smile:

Ha, aye. Mind, Philip Hammond, who is actually the Chancellor, managed to miss £20 Billion from the proposed cost of HS2, so there's bad eggs in both baskets.